Poll Options
View poll results: Does water taste?
Yes
159 74%
No
55 26%
Voters: 214.
Page 1 of 2
Me and my friend arguing if water "tastes". I said that it does taste, since anything that is edible or drinkable would have some sort of taste as your tongue interprets all things in different tastes. He said, however, that it simply does not taste at all. So, I decided to ask UG about the subject. Does water have a taste, or not?
Yes, i think mineral water and filtered water taste different...
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
No, water is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. It is the minerals in the water that give it taste.
Water has this kind of like, how do I explain it?

Water taste.
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
Quote by Mumbo Jumbo
No, water is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. It is the minerals in the water that give it taste.

So would properly distilled water have no taste?
Sure the minerals in water have a taste, but most water has minerals in it, so water from different places (that hasn't been distilled or purified) tastes differently. Also it depends on what you clean your glasses with, I find.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Everything has a taste. So yes, water does indeed taste.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
If you didnt know you were drinking water, how would you know what it was?

Of course it has taste
yeah, filtered water and "impure" water taste different.

so really it's the lack of taste/minerals that comprise it's taste. if that makes sense.
Quote by NowhereOutThere

If you distill anything to a point it would become tasteless, so yes, but especially so in this case.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Yep, and I quite like it actually.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Water has a taste because otherwise if you drank it you'd feel like theres nothing in your mouth -.-
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I'm talkin' pure H2O. That wont have a taste. Water from a well will be full of minerals from the ground and city water is treated.
Pure water? No. No taste. Mineral water? Tap water? Yes.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Skullshredda
Water has a taste because otherwise if you drank it you'd feel like theres nothing in your mouth -.-

You wouldn't taste it but the sensation of a liquid in your mouth would still be there.
Everything has a taste, even air.

your friends a dumbass.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Yeah depending on where you get your water and what chemicals are introduced to it. Some water will have a iron-like taste, while some you can't put a taste but they just taste....riiiight.

Water from North Texas though tastes just awful. That water could induce vomiting.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Everything has a taste. Even if that taste is "nothing." "Nothing" is still a taste.

/thread.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by Sirlancelot42
Yeah depending on where you get your water and what chemicals are introduced to it. Some water will have a iron-like taste, while some you can't put a taste but they just taste....riiiight.

Water from North Texas though tastes just awful. That water could induce vomiting.

Yeah, the water there is horrible. The water in south Florida is pretty bad too, I threw up a couple hours later after drinking that ****.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by Mumbo Jumbo
You wouldn't taste it but the sensation of a liquid in your mouth would still be there.

What about spit
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Water is like the vanilla ice cream of fluids, it's totally neutral but it does have a nice flav0r.

Vannila is the best flavour

And yeah water does have a taste! Of course it does, EVERYTHING has a taste! Your tongue picks up a taste from everything!
Quote by slash fan #1
Vannila is the best flavour

And yeah water does have a taste! Of course it does, EVERYTHING has a taste! Your tongue picks up a taste from everything!

If lava wouldn't burn our taste buds, what do you think it would taste like? (totally random question)
I guess water doesn't have a taste.. it's the things in it. Aquafina tastes kinda gross because they use too much floride.
Stop b*tching ; start a revolution
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
If lava wouldn't burn our taste buds, what do you think it would taste like? (totally random question)

I dunno, fire? Something burning? I'm guessing it would have a pretty unique taste though
Quote by slash fan #1
I dunno, fire? Something burning? I'm guessing it would have a pretty unique taste though

I think it would taste like penut butter.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by NowhereOutThere

in theory yes... but you can't find water thats perfectly distilled
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by sam b
What about spit

What about it?

Wait, you can't tell when you are salivating?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Pure water doesn't have a taste, it's the minerals you're tasting. What your tongue tastes are Bitter sour salty sweet, since pure water is completely neutral it doesn't have a taste
Quote by sam b
What about spit

your saliva has salt in it so it would have a salty taste
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
If it wasn't wet, you'd never realize that anything was going into your mouth. Water is really odorless, colorless, and tasteless. Whatever you can possibly taste is your water is some sort of minerals or bacteria (though hopefully not the later). Does air have a taste? No, not unless laced with something else, as is the case with water.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Page 1 of 2