http://www.myspace.com/mortiferousthrash

This is my band. Yes, I know... this should be posted in the "promote your band" section, and it was...a week ago. I got absolutely no feedback, good or bad, and I figured I would actually get some responses if I posted it here.

I play lead/rhythm guitar and we've been playing with this line-up for about a year now. On our myspace you will find two songs off our soon to be finished demo.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Member #1 of the Jason Becker Fan Club
Wrong forum.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

If you had read my explanation you would have noticed that i commented on that fact. I'm sorry if this slightly misplaced thread throws off your perfectly organized little world, but it's really aggravating to only be allowed to share my metal in a section where it is going to be ignored. So yeah, sorry. For those of you willing to look past this great indignity of a thread misplacement, all I'm asking for is some constructive criticism.
Thanks dude. Nah, we're not signed. We're gonna start sending our demo out to labels when it's totally finished, hopefully something will come of it.
New song posted: Among the Dead
Let me know what you guys think.
I'm listening to Among the Dead right now.
If you guys don't get signed I'll cry. How come so few plays? Bad thrash scene in Toronto? I heard it's more of a tech death place. I like your singer's voice, the riffs, and the drums are sweet too. The production's good for demo songs too. Good luck guys.
I like the riffs a lot. Great guitar work on your part. Keep it up, you've got some good things going for you. I'd like to hear a slightly more prominent bass (although I know thats usually not very much of a thrashy thing).
I think your singer should get a slight bit more raspy or something during his lower stuff. It sounds almost like a lower-pitch version of mustaine. Love his highs though. He should be more confident with his voice and let it truly shine. It sounds like hes holding back something.... I love his highs though as I said.
Drummers good. Nothing thats made me astounded yet, but then again I haven't seen a drum solo or nothin to really rate him on but from what I've heard the drums are great.

Keep it up guys. you definitely sound like you just started putting together songs but they sound great and you all seem to be great musicians. Give it a little while and I'm sure a record deal will pick you up.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Thanks a lot for the comments guys.

"How come so few plays? Bad thrash scene in Toronto? I heard it's more of a tech death place."

Well, the songs haven't been up for too long. But that's part of the reason, yeah. Definitely a lot more tech death fans than thrash fans around here. There's some, but we've been finding it pretty hard to find people that will actually give our music a chance.

"I'd like to hear a slightly more prominent bass"

Same here. We had some problems with the bass tracks. Because of the way they were recorded if they're turned up too loud it sounds like ****. It's a shame because our bassist is ridiculously good. It's definitely one issue we will be addressing next time we record.

"I think your singer should get a slight bit more raspy or something during his lower stuff. It sounds almost like a lower-pitch version of mustaine. Love his highs though. He should be more confident with his voice and let it truly shine. It sounds like hes holding back something.... I love his highs though as I said."

It's good to hear some feedback on the vocals. Our singer has been constantly experimenting in the past while trying to find his sound. Even after recording this demo we're always playing around and tweaking the vocals on these songs.

"you definitely sound like you just started putting together songs but they sound great and you all seem to be great musicians."

Thanks man. These are basically our bands first set of songs (not counting a few very primitive ones) and they were actually written a couple years ago. We've got several more now that we'll hopefully get recorded soon. These days we're actually leaning more towards the prog side of prog thrash. We're really trying to develop our own sound.

Anyways, thanks again for the feedback.