looking for a cheap copy of a Rickenbacker 4003 or sting ray to play as i take a break from guitar

also can a bass be play on a guitar amp if i keep the volume low?

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
playing bass on a guitar amp is really not a good idea, safest to buy one or use headphones. The bass will mess up the speaker on a guitar amp but if you put headphones in it doesn't go through the speaker so you'll be fine

Vintage make a copy of the Stingray, but i've never seen any Rickenback rip-offs before
Rockin' shit
Doesn't OLP normally make alot of EB Music Man ripoffs? Not sure if they do basses, but I know you can get guitars that are EBMM copies...

EDIT: Voila!
http://www.olpguitars.com/
Not sure you'll be able to find any Rickenbacker copies though

And no, you can't run a bass through a guitar amp without a LOT of extra equipment (a-la Wolfgang Van Halen, although I think even he uses a bass amp, it's just that he uses the EVH 5150 III guitar cabs, an attenuator, and something to split the EQ somehow...).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 6, 2008,
Rick copies are rare, simply because Rickenbacker likes to be exclusive. Many of the copies put on Ebay are taken down for this reason. I think Ibanez? made a Rick copy, but you'll be hard pressed to find one.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Rick copies are rare, simply because Rickenbacker likes to be exclusive. Many of the copies put on Ebay are taken down for this reason. I think Ibanez? made a Rick copy, but you'll be hard pressed to find one.

yeah thats right, ibanez made ric copies during the 70s i think but its really rare to find a used one these days, a few have been thrown on ebay.au and the usual price is like 500-800 AUD as for the OLP ray copies Im not too sure but i think OLP is a discontinued brand (not too sure mind you) so hopefully you can pick up a 2nd hand one cheap

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
I'm pretty sure OLP lost their contract with Ernie Ball and is stopping production.

I've been trying, but I haven't found copies of either of these basses.
Sorry to be so... bad news-bearing.
I like Fall Out Boy.
That is all.
There used to be a lot of different Rick copies out there ranging from decent to made-out-of-a-couch quality, but Rickenbacker decided at some point that they didn't want to risk cheapening their brand reputation on the off chance that people sold the copies as genuine Rick products.

Now, Rickenbacker puts great amounts of effort and cash into seeking out and eliminating the knock-offs. From what I can see, they're close to succeeding in annihilating the competition if they haven't already. Every now and then, one will pop up on E-Bay, but aside from that, you shouldn't be able to get a hold of one outside of music shops that have one or two in their used instrument sections.

OLP makes EBMM copies that are actually somewhat decent. They're at the least a fair value.

Good luck!
Rickenbacker 4003
Big Muff Pi
Ashdown Chorus Plus
Digitech Whammy
Peavey Volume
Cry Baby Bass Wah
Small Stone
TR-2 Tremolo
Peavey TNT 115

...I have an empty wallet.
You can get them here in the UK, under the name "rockinbetter" and allegedly manufactured by tokai.

There is a music shop in london who deals in them- although they are around £500, thats $1000 so not cheap.

Infact just found one on the bay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rockinbetter-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ360067439468QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL080705094a19119

As for the MM copies, "vintage" guitars do a copy over here in the UK, but I've no idea on price, or their avalability in the US. They're normally good value though from what i've heard- never played one myself though.
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!