Poll: Should I buy this car?? (read description)
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I buy this car?? (read description)
Yes
6 35%
No
11 65%
Voters: 17.
My car has just about had it, but I need a new one anyways cause of the gas prices eating my pocket. I've been looking around at used car lots, I've got a rather low income as I'm saving for college, and I think I've found a car suitable for what I need. Its a 1991 Pontiac Sunbird sedan, Automatic 2.0 4-cylinder. It looks like its in good shape, sounds good. Its got some faded paint on the front area around the bumper and a little bit of rust on the door. The dealership's price is 1,800, but I know I can bring the pice down to at least like 1,400, Prolly lower even. The thing is, I really don't want a car that old, even if it looks like its been taken care of. Do you think I should buy it or keep looking??
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
how many miles are on it? $1400 sounds like too much i've them for like $800 before
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
Well, I wouldn't buy a car that old, unless u can get the price to something like 800-1000, even more so if I was saving for college but still if it's in good shape and you reckon its worth it get it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i just finished drivers ed today
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
well you could run into problems with the car, and it could end up in the garage more than on the road. It most likely is not good on gas eather.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
buy a 6 cylinder 3.8 litre....when i have to work on cars, they are the nicest, and easiest to work on. 1995-1998 cars range from 800-2000..usually pretty cheap.
you could get a 2000 chevrolet impala with about 200k miles on it for about $2,000 dollars. Look hard, and if you find one buy it. They are reliable cars.
sunbirds are not very reliable cars especially ones of that age. It may seem cheap now but you'll end up putting more money into it than its worth. buy a cheap Honda or Toyota anything cheap and american will just give you problems.
Well, I just started looking and this was more or less the first car that I had in my range. Sunbirds are good for gas mileage, cause I'm not making all that much at my current job. I'm just trying to get some opinions right now about this, so any advice or anything would be good. I'd really like a Honda or Toyota, but the other dealership I checked with hasn't got back to me yet. They are supposed to check what they have available and get back to me. What do you guys think would be good for a small, dependable, good gas mileage car??
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.