Okay so I recently bought a used Peavey Bandit 112 (Redline Series). It's a great amp considering I was on a budget of about $200 and it's got a good tone for a SS. The only problem is, my clean channel is way louder than my lead and I'm wondering why? It's 80W so it should be alright for band practice you'd think and it is but I can barely hear myself when playing on the lead channel. What could be the problem? I can hear the lead channel it just isn't anywhere near as loud as I thought it'd be after trying the clean channel.
What's your EQ like? If you scoop your mids then try turning them up; it's one of the best ways to be heard in a band situation.

Also make sure that the volume levels on the different channels are set up so they're at the same volume and turn up the master volume if it has one.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
What's your EQ like? If you scoop your mids then try turning them up; it's one of the best ways to be heard in a band situation.

Also make sure that the volume levels on the different channels are set up so they're at the same volume and turn up the master volume if it has one.

My mids are boosted to about 8. The post gain on the lead channel is up to 9 and the clean's volume is at 5 and when I switch channels during practice there is a HUGE volume difference, it's not like a subtle thing. Maybe the presence knob?
Hmmm, to be honest I don't know then, presence might help but someone else is going to have to come in on this.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
My guess would be that it is due to the level of compression on the lead channel. The clean channel always sounds louder because it is less compressed than the lead. If the whole amp is ridiculously quiet then it might be another problem which is probably not fixable due to it being solid state. Just try and compensate by turning the lead channel's volume up.