Alright so I've narrowed my decision to two choices.

A) Metroamp '67 100 watt Plexi (For those who don't know, metroamp makes exact replicas of vintage Marshalls. They are said to be better than the Marshall reissues)

B) Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 (or 2266 if thats any better?)

Which do you think is better? Some people say the VM is bad, some say it's good. I tried one at a very low volume. Sounded pretty darn good. Haven't tried a Plexi and there is no place here for me to test one out. Is it worth just buying it without a test drive, because I've heard it before in videos and stuff and it sound great, and it is probably the best guitar amp ever made. Which one should I get?

Thanks
Metroamp Plexi. We have another user (igotabcrich-something or other) who has a Metro JTM45. Honestly, I've heard nothing good of the Vintage Modern series. What's the price on the Metro? Might wanna look into some Oranges too.
the vm will offer you more versatility obviously, theyre both great amps but it all depends on your style. i would personally take the plexi and +1 to the orange suggestion.
I hate the VM. Just compare them and find out how crap it is. Fizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Of the two, i'd get the Plexi and an attenuator, that will be f'n LOUD. Probably a bit too loud.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I'm buying the kit which will cost $1099 plus $200 international shipping. I wanna get a Marshall 70's crunch, type of sound, and the Plexi is most likely the perfect amp for that. However, the VM has KT66 output tubes which are kind of rougher, which I like. Is it possible to get a rough kind of distortion out of the plexi, which has EL34's?
KT66s aren't rougher, they're smoother if anything. More like a 6L6.

If you like the KT66 sound, get a JTM45.

And I maintain that 100w is too much, get a 50w kit if anything.

The 'roughness' you are experiencing is merely the VM being crap.
Honestly i thought the VM sounded weak and thin. Really annoying and crappy... I would go for the metro amp... or a ceriatone. What about a Splawn Competition 50?
Quote Adam Day, Slash's guitar tech: "The KT66's are a little rougher, littler brasher, little brighter."

Anyways I think I'm going with the Metro.

Thanks guys
That's his opinion, mine is mine.

Please reconsider getting a 100w amp.

You will have to crank it up to get the dirt you want from it and at that level you will be regretting it.
The metroamp 67 is fantastic! If you can afford it i say metro amp 67 kit, ultimate attenuator and a 4x12 with scumbacks. I've played on this rig heaps and as soon as I get a price i want for my Orange im selling it and geting it (possible a JTM45 100 instead but still..).
I don't know much about plexis and whatnot.. but i'd take Mr Carrot's advice here. I don't think plexis have a gain control(??) and you have to crank them up really loud to achieve overdrive.
Yes, you are right. No gain control. You do have to crank them so defo need an attenuator. But once cranked they are absolutely amazing!
Yeah well I'll just use an attenuator and also I'm getting my own sound proof room so I can still play pretty loud.

Thanks
Quote by johnhud
Yeah well I'll just use an attenuator and also I'm getting my own sound proof room so I can still play pretty loud.

Thanks

EARPLUGS.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!