my guitar has a floyd rose and even though the locks are in place, and tight ( i think) i can still use the tuners...help?
Does it go out of tune when you use the bar?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i don't think so (as far as i can tell, no...i don't have my tuner on me so i have to do this by ear which is frustrating)
Well if it doesn't go out of tune when you use the bar then why is it a problem?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
because the tuners are not supposed to work while the locks are on, and my guitar has fallen out of tune three times today, and i was wondering why, and this is probably it.
Well chances are the locks aren't as tight as they should be then, are you sure they're really tight?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
no i'm not and i don't really know anything about my FR so i'm going to try and tighten it when i can find the allen key...am i supposed to tighten it as far as i humanly can?
I don't think you should tighten it as much as you physically can but enough, it's hard to say when and takes some guessing/experimentation but it's pretty easy to do.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
well i figured i tightened it enough..i'm gonna try and do it in a few minutes when i can get my hands on an allen key...if you're still around i'll tell you how it went.
is your bridge lifted?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
is your bridge lifting? did you streach your strings?
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
is the bridge lifted up away from the guitar body as if you're depressing the trem arm? if so there isnt enough tension on the bridge and you need to tighten the spring claws.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
Quote by plucky duck
is the bridge lifted up away from the guitar body as if you're depressing the trem arm? if so there isnt enough tension on the bridge and you need to tighten the spring claws.

my floating trem isn't supposed to move? i thought when i used the arm it was supposed to come out?
nah i'm saying that if there isn't enough tension on your bridge it will come up as you tune your strings. you want your bridge to lay flush with your guitar's body when you're done.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
Quote by plucky duck
nah i'm saying that if there isn't enough tension on your bridge it will come up as you tune your strings. you want your bridge to lay flush with your guitar's body when you're done.

ha oh. um well the problem is with checking that out is i don't have a tuner and i'm having trouble tuning by ear. how can i make it lay flush if it doesn't?
you flip the guitar over.

open the back cavity with a screw driver, and tighten the two trwm screws in there if the bridge is lifted a little bit.
add another spring, if you need more help than that.

if the bridge is too loose and not in balance then it doesnt matter how tight the nut is, if the bridge is bouncing all over the place, then the guitar wont stay in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you flip the guitar over.

open the back cavity with a screw driver, and tighten the two trwm screws in there if the bridge is lifted a little bit.
add another spring, if you need more help than that.

if the bridge is too loose and not in balance then it doesnt matter how tight the nut is, if the bridge is bouncing all over the place, then the guitar wont stay in tune.

thanks a laaaaaaaaaaaaat. i'll give it a shot and report back.