Right, I'm pretty happy with my live rig, it's simple and reliable
At the moment I'm running my Jackson RR3 through my Peavey 6505+ head
This isn't a major concern but I want a single effects pedal just to give a bit of variation for clean passages and solos
I'm thinking delay at the moment, but any other suggestions would be nice
Clean bits are generally arpeggiated chord sequences and solos usually include a fair bit of sweeping, alternate picking and whammy wanking using my neck pickup
The lead sound is a very high gain modern distortion

Any recommendations to make my solos and cleans stand out?

Thanks in advance
ohai little sig.
Phaser?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
For clean bits you'll probably want some kind of chorus. I've heard good things about the new analog carl martin pedal, and the small clone is always a good buy. The TC Electronix is high priced but awesome.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Phaser?

Just what I was thinking, a phaser set to a subtle setting would do what you need.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
delay
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by Highwaytohell
For clean bits you'll probably want some kind of chorus. I've heard good things about the new analog carl martin pedal, and the small clone is always a good buy. The TC Electronix is high priced but awesome.

a chorus pedal would be the best choice as highwaytohell said. It will really boost the clean sound of the guitar and sound interesting, its a better choice than a phaser.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
A Chorus for cleans, and maybe some kind of multi-reverb pedal, like a Marshall Reflector, for solos. A good 80s-style shred/lead tone always seems to have lots of reverb on it, so maybe check that out.
Quote by qotsa1998
A Chorus for cleans, and maybe some kind of multi-reverb pedal, like a Marshall Reflector, for solos. A good 80s-style shred/lead tone always seems to have lots of reverb on it, so maybe check that out.

Quite frankly I find that reverb takes away from good shred; adds too much echo and muddies the sound.

Anyway, I still say based on the fact that the TS wants to buy only one pedal a phaser is still the best choice. The phaser will add a little shimmer to your clean passages, not quite the same way as the chorus but it'll add interest at least and it'll add that Van Halen type sound to your solos, I never liked chorus on solos anyway.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Chorus.
Reverb.
Delay.
Phaser.
Flanger.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.