so i live in south america and i'm travellin to the us for a week and my uncle has offered to buy me two pedals for my birthday and i have decided to go with a tuner but i dont know if i should get a boss tu-2 or a fender pt 100. is the boss really worth the extra cash??

The other pedal i was thinking about was a compressor maybe an mxr dyna comp or a mxr super comp. i originally planned on getting a talkbox but it's too expensive so i thought about a compressor. will it help me achieve a sound similar to slash's or joe perry's? i currently use a marshall guv'nor, slash wah and marshall mg soon to be replaced by a jcm 800.

thanks a lot for your help
as for a tuner go for the Korg Pitchblack, its more accurate...and for a compressor i dont know if it will help you achieve that sound but a good one is the Digitech Big Squeeze compressor/sustainer
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
I've heard good things about the MXR comps, sorry no personal experience with them though.

For the tuner, if one is true bypass I'd say go for it. Both will tune about the same you know?
Hagstrom Ultra Lux
Fender Japan Strat
Peavey C30 w/JJ toobs & Vintage 30 Speaker
BigMuff Pi, American
SmallClone
TS9 Tubescreamer
Boss CS3 / Monte Allum mod
Danelectro EQ
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
ISP Decimator

"I.SAC.30'S"
the Boss is awesome and tried and tested by countless bands worldwide. very responsive accurate tuning and a big bright LED display which is easy to see on stage, and it can also power up to 7 other 9v pedals !!! worth its weight in gold
what do you think about he planet waves one?? is it true that the tu-2 sucks some of your tone?
Last edited by slashfan31 at Jul 8, 2008,
after searching around the forum i've decided to go either with the tu-2 or the pitchblack
which one's better??
Quote by slashfan31
after searching around the forum i've decided to go either with the tu-2 or the pitchblack
which one's better??

Pitchblack for sure. It's smaller, true bypass, easier to read, and more accurate
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
no planet waves, its got a defect in the design that when used in daisy chain i buzzes and adds noise.

damn, thats my third time saying that today.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Pitchblack for sure. It's smaller, true bypass, easier to read, and more accurate

+1 for the pitchblack, it's awesome! looks cool too
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
if you're getting them for free, get the keeley compressor. or the tube ones by ehx.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain