Okay, I have played both football and music since I was 8. I am now 15, and I find that they are increasingly conflicting with each other. I love both very much, both are a huge part of my life, but I see myself being a musician when I grow up, and that's what I want to do with my life.

I want to keep playing football, but thanks to my lovely coaches, it has to be at the top of my list, and music is to take backseat to it.

What do I do Pit?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Do what you enjoy or want to do more and don't be afraid to quit something so that you can do something that you enjoy more. It's a hard choice but in the end it's up to you.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Do a barrel roll

Well just practice more intensely with your music? I'm sure there's a golden midway somewhere in there....
Chin up, God loves you.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
tell coaches what they want to hear...do whatever you want when the coach turns his back.

manipulation ftw!
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
if you haven't been scouted for a sports team/club by 15, you'll have a lot to do to catch up so music sounds like a better option.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere in the middle of the two, I am just having trouble finding it.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quit your current team and join one that's more relaxed, then put music first. Simple.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by smb
Most people are able to do more than one thing.

Wow, bitchy.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I see myself being a musician when I grow up, and that's what I want to do with my life.

there are 2 ways to consider this:

1)you have the rest of your life to play music, but maybe not the rest of your life to play fooltball

2)music is your passion and you want pursue it for to better yourself for the future
Do both, then you can do a half-time show in full gear.

.. That'd be badass.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
i don't play football, so obviously i'm going to suggest music, but only you can decide for yourself
Quote by break-me-in
Wow, bitchy.
It's all part of the service.

Seriously - someone who only plays football or only plays guitar is a very dull person.
iron maiden do both music and football, why can't you?

EDIT: or are you on about American Football?
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
I had a similar experience in the spring. I've been sailing seriously for four or five years, but felt like I had lost touch with a lot of the people I had became such great friends with through the sport. It became a really bittersweet thing for me and I decided I would much rather be writing things and playing music. However, I got through the rough, kept going with it and now I'm happy doing all of it. Chin up, it'll all work out for the better.
I don't really understand you, unless they have said you can't play music if you're on the football team, how did they put music behind football?

If it's practice times, deal with it they want you to be the best team kind of like you with music.

If it's offseason training, again, deal with it. Manage your time right. I get up and work out and run at around 9, not saying it's early but I'm done around noon and I have the rest of the day.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by smb
It's all part of the service.

Seriously - someone who only plays football or only plays guitar is a very dull person.

I was kidding. I agree. But his team might be more serious about it than him. He could do both more casually.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT