I don't see a thread on this band yet but I think they're one of the best screamo bands out right now, and are also quite awesome looking live (even though I haven't seen them I've seen youtube vids ).

And for all you Christians out there like me, they have some of the best lyrics I've ever seen.
Quote by Dardarian
Go to your doktor. UG can't give proper medical advice.

Quote by DanRev
Because it could be a serious answer. What if someone was to make a thread "A song to tell my girlfriend that I caught a nasty STD off her best friend?" We'd all be screwed then.
This band sucks and are far from screamo.

Quote by Bless The Fall

Turn me on, let me feel you
Turn me on, let me taste you
Boundaries are starting to fall
Conceiving has already started
Kissing, caressing, indulge
Is this really what you wanted?

No, I just don’t know
If I can
No, I just don’t know
If I can
Is this really what you wanted?
Is this really what you, yeah

Even though, I don’t know you
I know for sure, I love you
Anything that you’ll ever need
I’ll try my best, to give everything

I tell myself its nothing
I tell myself its nothing, almost nothing

Close your eyes, and take my hand
We will rise, once again
Close your eyes, and take his hand
We’ll be home, once again
That’s my father

I'm a Christian so I decided to look up the lyrics before I commented on that so I just clicked a random song and this is probably the dumbest thing ever and completely goes again Christian beliefs.
haha, oh man those lyrics are pretty bad.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
when will people learn!?

they are not screamo!!!

I like them though :P

The Word Alive is better in my opinion.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Band is not screamo, o.p. can't even spell "guitar", everything about this thread is wrong.

kill it with fire.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
This band sucks and are far from screamo.

I'm a Christian so I decided to look up the lyrics before I commented on that so I just clicked a random song and this is probably the dumbest thing ever and completely goes again Christian beliefs.

Do you seriously evaluate a bands lyrics before you can like them?

People like you scare me, can't you just be rational about something and dig a band for the music?
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Quote by Rufiothebandito

People like you scare me, can't you just be rational about something and dig a band for the music?

That doesn't change the fact that they are horrible, generic and not screamo.
two and a half men.
Quote by Cameronrobson
That doesn't change the fact that they are horrible, generic and not screamo.

Oh, I totally agree, they're garbage, but I meant that in general when listening to or discovering a band.
Quote by AluminumOxide

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
who says we're "discovering" this band? every sceney 16-year-old-girl from california to london goes bat**** whenever I even utter their name.

they are a popular, mediocre band. chances are a lot of us have heard of them, millions of times, because most of us are pretty involved with the music scenes in our areas. the o.p. was pointing out how ultra-cool christian they were, which if they're going down on random chicks, they probably aren't.
FAIL

Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
Because it could be a serious answer. What if someone was to make a thread "A song to tell my girlfriend that I caught a nasty STD off her best friend?" We'd all be screwed then.
Quote by Aveks
who says we're "discovering" this band? every sceney 16-year-old-girl from california to london goes bat**** whenever I even utter their name.

they are a popular, mediocre band. chances are a lot of us have heard of them, millions of times, because most of us are pretty involved with the music scenes in our areas. the o.p. was pointing out how ultra-cool christian they were, which if they're going down on random chicks, they probably aren't.

lol every1 i ask has never even herd of them
Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
go back to 4chan, newfag. putting "you suck monkey balls" in your headline isn't funny.
Quote by guiatarist59
lol every1 i ask has never even herd of them

thats because you don't know where to look, or you have a really crappy scene.

i've gone with my friends to like 8 of their shows. I've met all the band members at least 3 times, and they all know me by first name.

they've toured the nation 5 times. and they've got 9,000,000 plays on myspace.

nine million.

how can you even say "NOBUDY I KNO LIEKS THEM"
w/e just close this freakin thread and lemme hide in the corner
Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
Quote by Aveks
Band is not screamo, o.p. can't even spell "guitar", everything about this thread is wrong.

kill it with fire.

lol do u use EVERYTHING against sumbody youve gotten me for every single thing u can see
Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
Quote by Aveks
overreaction? chill out.

just sayin
Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
Quote by Rufiothebandito

lyrics is apart of the music doood
Quote by guiatarist59
just sayin

you really should get checked out for depression/bi-polar disorder.
Quote by Aveks
you really should get checked out for depression/bi-polar disorder.

lol im smiling like 23/7
Quote by Dardarian

Quote by DanRev
Quote by Aveks

ugh, wow, no one said anyone was discovering this band, I used his retarded christian logic to try and make a point that people shouldn't base whether a band is good or not according to the lyrics alone.

Quote by recklessnick
lyrics is apart of the music doood

I could be in the minority but the singing is part of the music, the lyrics are secondary.
Quote by AluminumOxide

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Last edited by Rufiothebandito at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by Rufiothebandito

I could be in the minority but the singing is part of the music, the lyrics are secondary.

I've always considered lyrics more important than the music (in most genres, though some get a pass for bad lyrics... for example, I don't mind Reggae being simple, and grindcore/screamo lyrics don't bother me because it's a bitch to hear them anyway). Do you actually solely prefer the music to the lyrics?
Quote by Rufiothebandito

ugh, wow, no one said anyone was discovering this band, I used his retarded christian logic to try and make a point that people shouldn't base whether a band is good or not according to the lyrics alone.

Quote by Rufiothebandito
Oh, I totally agree, they're garbage, but I meant that in general when listening to or discovering a band.

Do you think before you post? And yes, I saw you underlined "this" for emphasis, but that doesn't change a thing. In yoyr original post you said "discovering a band" in the same damn sentence you were talking about blessthefall. that is called "context".
Quote by JustMimes
Do you actually solely prefer the music to the lyrics?

Yeah, especially as a guitarist, I pay more attention to the music.
I'll use the Fall of Troy as an example, their lyrics are pretty bad and cheesy, lost love type stuff but the music is unbelievably brilliant. I could hum/sing every guitar note off Manipulator but the lyrics, I remember maybe 20% of that album.

And honestly, I find the music more effective in terms of portraying a feeling than lyrics ever could for me.
Quote by AluminumOxide

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Quote by Rufiothebandito
Yeah, especially as a guitarist, I pay more attention to the music.
I'll use the Fall of Troy as an example, their lyrics are pretty bad and cheesy, lost love type stuff but the music is unbelievably brilliant. I could hum/sing every guitar note off Manipulator but the lyrics, I remember maybe 20% of that album.

And honestly, I find the music more effective in terms of portraying a feeling than lyrics ever could for me.

To each their own I guess haha. Lyrics convey a lot more to me than the music in most cases. For example, the Eels. Their backing music is great and all, but usually it's the juxtaposition (using that word right? dunno.) of how "happy" the music is but how overall sad/depressing the lyrics are.
music, singing, lyrics, all play a big part in appreciating a piece of music that is art, you cant deny it, nothing is bigger over another. you may like a song just for the lyrics, you may like a song just for the music. there's no on over another.
and blessthefall just fails in all three