So I've been really wanting to start a band this last year, but me and my buds have all graduated high school last May. This coming August we we all be heading off to our respective university's, so starting a band now would go nowhere.

So I know some of you guys are already in college. In your opinion is college and easier place to find bandmates than back home? How about the gig opportunity's?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Im in the same boat as you
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by gtdude114
Im in the same boat as you

Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

anything else?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv

Well I don't really have time for a band in college, but I know people that could make a band and besides the local clubs, there are school events where bands can perform.
I'm going to michigan state university this fall and am sort of in the same boat as you... but i've been searching since last winter... and there are about 40,000 students at MSU so i'm sure some might play bass or drums.

But just start asking people and hittin up the horn on facebook or something (if you have facebook). I found about 10 musicians on facebook alone.
FIJI
Quote by ShizNick
I'm going to michigan state university this fall and am sort of in the same boat as you... but i've been searching since last winter... and there are about 40,000 students at MSU so i'm sure some might play bass or drums.

But just start asking people and hittin up the horn on facebook or something (if you have facebook). I found about 10 musicians on facebook alone.

ive got some rockin friends in Midland. We were in a band called Morningwood years ago...should have copywrited the name lol
Being in a band in college is unimaginably better than in high school. High School bands are never taken seriously by anyone, but once you get to college it's a whole new world of music. Seriously, don't worry about it at all.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir