Well I have 200$ from birthday and Christmas hanging in my wallet and I haven’t spent it on anything in awhile. I haven’t been playing guitar very long only 4 months, but all of a sudden it popped in my head "Dumbass, get a pedal!" I don’t have any experience with pedals but I've heard some really cool ones. Can anyone recommend a pedal for no more than 200$, I don’t mind something like a 250$ used pedal for 175$ at guitar center as long as you give me the link.

I play rock/metal

New question!

Can I play a wah pedal play through a microcube as I heard the cube cant play multi effects so can it play just a regular wah?
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Last edited by (Metal)lica at Jul 6, 2008,
What is the rest of your rig?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Ltd Viper-50 ad Roland Microcube
Quote by Le_Bunny

go for a either a very versatile distortion/overdrive or a decent multieffects system
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
if you already have the sound you want you could get somethin like a digitech whammy for 200ish, but it wont be of much use depending on what you're playing
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

what type of pedal u looking for (distortion, Wah, various effects)
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
ibanez weeping demon wah pedal
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
distortion wise a good recommendation would be the Digitech DF7 and multieffects would be a Boss ME-50 just stay away from Digitech rps and zoom pedals
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
what type of pedal u looking for (distortion, Wah, various effects)

Not really sure to be honest, I just knew I should probably get one
Quote by Le_Bunny

Quote by BassGuitarGod
distortion wise a good recommendation would be the Digitech DF7 and multieffects would be a Boss ME-50 just stay away from Digitech rps and zoom pedals

*Cheap zoom pedals* The G series are better than boss ME-50 by far.
Quote by BassGuitarGod

this, and I can vouch for the ME-50 personally. It's very good, and you might be able to find on e used for around 200-250.
Quote by (Metal)lica
Not really sure to be honest, I just knew I should probably get one

dude.....you dont NEED a pedal, IMO they're kinda overrated, my amp even has effects built in and i NEVER use them unless im just ****ing around, but thats just me

Quote by bogg808

you could just get a Line 6 digital amp with a million different sounds, but you'll regret it in the long run. I personally have a Digitech RP250 and it works great for if you wanna play by yourself, but its kind of a bitch to move if you wanna play with friends.
Quote by mcraddict81592
dude.....you dont NEED a pedal, IMO they're kinda overrated, my amp even has effects built in and i NEVER use them unless im just ****ing around, but thats just me

I havent found too many quiet amps that have many many effects tho, thats my problem, I'm a play-at-home person.
Quote by Le_Bunny

Quote by (Metal)lica
I havent found too many quiet amps that have many many effects tho, thats my problem, I'm a play-at-home person.

get a roland cube 30X theyre like $250, and they have 6 effects, and an amp modeler, basically they're sick, i have one, recomend it above all other small amps

Quote by bogg808

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Jul 6, 2008,
Just saw the RP250, it looks really good
Quote by Le_Bunny

im gonna take a wild guess and assume that u enjoy metallica i recomend the digitech metal master, very good for classic rock to thrash metal look it up its only 80 bucks i think dont remember i got it for my birthday a few years ago
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
I haven't read through the thread b/c i'm in a bit of a hurry, but if you have a microcube, doesn't it have some built in effects? I haven't used it with pedals, but i've heard it said it doesn't take pedals well, so that's worth trying out. But if I were you, i'd just save the money towards an upgraded amp. You're far away from that, I know, but if you already have most effects you'll need built in, might as well save the money rather than waste it on something you either don't need or will grow tired of down the road.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Metallica? never heard of them. Sounds like some superhero made out of metal.

anyways yeah I'll look into that
Quote by Le_Bunny

What i an inexpensive amp that can take a multi effects pedal?
Quote by Le_Bunny

^Buying a cheap amp then a multieffects pedal is a waste of money. You may as well just spend that money on a good amp.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
So I cant use a multi effect with my microcube at all?
Quote by Le_Bunny

I'm not sure. Try it, but doesn't your microcube already have the effects that a multi-effects pedal would have?

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You could, but it won't really sound good. I second the idea that you save for a nice amp.

Yes but what it a nice amp that isn’t loud (I only play at home) but is what you classify as “nice”
Quote by Le_Bunny

Quote by TNfootballfan62
I'm not sure. Try it, but doesn't your microcube already have the effects that a multi-effects pedal would have?

True, I guess now that I think of it what I really wanted was a wah pedal , so, in that case, could a microcube use a wah pedal, and would that be smart, just buy a 60$ wah and then save for an amp?
Quote by Le_Bunny

Not a bad idea, i suppose. You're looking at a Dunlop Crybaby, i take it? It's not really a good wah pedal, to me.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86