so im gonna buy a line 6 spidervalve this week and there is a 1x12 version and a 2x12 version. They are both the same wattage but the 2x12 costs ~$100 more. whats the advantage of the 2x12 and should i fork out the extra cash to get it?
The 212 will sound fuller, and bigger, while it won't have much of a volume difference. It has to do with whether or not you are willing to fork over the extra $100 for the fuller tone. It's something you kinda have to figure out yourself.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
i'd say definetly get the 2x12, because when ur jamming with a band the 1x12'll get conked out, like my peavey bandit(1x12). if u got the 2x12's it'd handle the bass alot more, and as chance125 said it'd sound fuller. worth it if u ask me.
Quote by souls_of_black
i'd say definetly get the 2x12, because when ur jamming with a band the 1x12'll get conked out, like my peavey bandit(1x12). if u got the 2x12's it'd handle the bass alot more, and as chance125 said it'd sound fuller. worth it if u ask me.

No.

Get the 1x12, speaking as the owner of a fatty 2x12 combo they are a huge pain to cart around, and you save money on the 1x12.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by souls_of_black

no.

your bandit gets conked out because it's a bandit. It really wouldn't make much difference with an extra speaker
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
inb4 line 6 hate bandwagon n00b armada.

As Ghold125 said, the 1x12 has a celestion V30 speaker. I don't know what the 2x12 has, but it probably has 2 speakers which aren't quite as good, in which case it won't actually sound as good as the 1x12. there will only be a slight increase in volume from using a 2x12, which won't be worth it at all, and it'll be much heavier to carry around. Get the 1x12
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
More speakers mean more volume. If the 1 speaker version is loud enough for you then get that. If it isn't then shell out the extra money.
Not taking any online orders.
Get the 1x12.

Not speaking from a sound point of view but from a convenience point of view. I used to lug around a 2x10 bass combo and actually hurt my back doing so. Not worth it.

I admit thought that a 2x12 looks attractive
I normally never recommend a 212. They are a lot heavier and you will not get the added volume you think you would. Hell, even on the Valvekings I recommend the 112 which is 50 watts vs the 212 which is 100 watts because the extra headroom only means you have to turn up even more the get tube break up.

I hear the increase in volume from 50 to 100 watts (112 to 212 in my example) only yields an additional 3 decibles. It may push more air but that is about it. Oh, and someone made the point of the 112 Spidervalve having a Celestion speaker so that make a huge diff too.

just my 2 cents.
I vote for the 1x12, the volume difference isn't that great, and theres alot more convenievce in a 1x12.
Oh and congradulations on choosing a spidervalve, those things are actually really awesome.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Get the 1x12, that way if you do want the extra headroom, you can always buy a 2x12 cab to hook up to.
^ And i never thought I'd hear the words 'Congratulations on choosing a Spider' on this site
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by deathbyawesome
I vote for the 1x12, the volume difference isn't that great, and theres alot more convenievce in a 1x12.
Oh and congradulations on choosing a spidervalve, those things are actually really awesome.

thank god someone finally admits the spider valve doesnt suck. line 6 soild states suck so everyone assumes the tube line will too, but the tube amps are awesome. cool for not crucifing me on my choice.
I'm not going to say it sucks, but I will say that there are other amps that *I* would consider for that pricetag. But if you like it, then you like it.
+1 on the 1x12.

Unless there is a compelling reason to go with the 2x12, 2x12 combos are really bulky and heavy.

If you need better sound coverage, you can always pick up an extension cab.