Hey pit, i have a question that has a been lingering in my head for months now, and i have yet to ask it, so here it goes...

scenerio:

You have a crunching bass or rythym guitar riff coming into a song, and outta nowhere, you hear a note getting progressively louder...

take for instance:

Killing in the Name intro, bass is playing and you hear that faint note in the back..

Slither solo, Slash has harmonics that get progressively louder..

well i hope by now you get what i am saying, and you know how to do them, because i am having the hardest time figuring them out...

and thats where you come in!

HELP!
hahaha long drawn out question deliruimbassist i think has answered it
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
play the note with volume on 0, then slowly increase

dont know if its right but when doing that i like to press harder down on the string while vibrating, seems to give more sustain or something besides a nice effect
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
well do to the long sustain of the notes, i figured theyre was some kind of technique to doing it, smart ass...
volume knob + pinky
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Quote by Lead_for_life
well do to the long sustain of the notes, i figured theyre was some kind of technique to doing it, smart ass...

No. There is no "special technique"... dumbass. Jesus Christ, do you try and insult everyone who gives you an actual answer?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No. There is no "special technique"... dumbass.

Applause
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No. There is no "special technique"... dumbass.

i wasn't directing that towards you... but i give you alot of thanks, for showing the world your stupidity, and saving my time!
A volume pedal might be easier to use rather than a volume knob, b/c unless you have a Strat, volume swells arent too incredibly easy to do.
Quote by Lead_for_life
i wasn't directing that towards you... but i give you alot of thanks, for showing the world your stupidity, and saving my time!

I think you lose
On acoustic you can strum gently and begin strumming louder and louder.

CRAZY
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by qotsa1998
A volume pedal might be easier to use rather than a volume knob, b/c unless you have a Strat, volume swells arent too incredibly easy to do.

Thank you for giving me an honest, logical answer, without being a douchebag...
you sir, are my hero...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You're the one who couldn't work out what your knob is used for.

Fixed.
Quote by qotsa1998

I find it quite easy to do on my bass. Does require to do some cross hand malarkey, but nothing too strenuous.
use the master volume knob on the guitar
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Quote by Lead_for_life

DB is perhaps one of the most helpful people on this site.

so with no due respect, stfu noob