I have a question about the years Strats have been made.
Are there big differences between the years?
I have a chance to buy a '97 MIM strat, and i was just wondering if there are really any differences in the years. Sorry if this is the wrong forum or altogether a stupid question.

Thanks.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
And that would apply to the MIMs?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Well... the good Strat years are '57 and '62, butttt...

Yeah i don't think there will be any difference with the Mexican ones. But I guess newer is better with something that's not vintage or different spec-wise. But if you have the opportunity for a '97 at a good price, go for it.
_______
|||||||||||||||
$240 in excellent condition a good price?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
I think you could write a book on the history of the Strat (actually, somebody did), it's been around since 1954 in countless variations.
apparently mim strats were upgraded in 2006, different trem and hardware. im not too sure about what was changed, if youre looking for more info you should hit up the forums on fender.com. plenty of info there.
Quote by fender1260
apparently mim strats were upgraded in 2006, different trem and hardware. im not too sure about what was changed, if youre looking for more info you should hit up the forums on fender.com. plenty of info there.

Fender forums are currently closed for the holiday i think. i will once theyre open though.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX