Assuming that both are the same wattage, will more voltage and less current, or less voltage and more current, make a speaker cone move more? Or will it just be the same?
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
NoFX_Fan182 is awesome mkay. He just rocks my socks

But seriously?
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
1/2" dia. flat panel speakers.
Quote by TastyMooglePie

Quote by Prankster1990
well simple electromagnetic physics. voltage is the flow of electricity in the positive direction. thus, impedance is flow of current that opposes the flow of the voltage. simply put the more wattage flows through the speaker the more the electromagnetic waves are acting upon the speaker, and thusly the more the speaker will vibrate, or "move".
depends on the speaker design/technology... generally with most it's a modulation of current that makes the magnets charge and discharge and the voltage has to vary according to the design of the speaker to keep the voice coil moving the speaker cone at different distances from center...

What you are asking is like what makes a car go faster... gas (or electric for you hybrid people) or the motor.... nevermind we're leaving out the transmission....
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
So basically a 1W speaker will vibrate the same amount at 10V/100mA as it will at 1V/1000mA?

EDIT: Nevermind, that was to poster above you.

I understand now.
Quote by TastyMooglePie

Quote by Prankster1990
theoretically yes... or it could melt the electronics....
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
Quote by NoFX_Fan182
Assuming that both are the same wattage, will more voltage and less current, or less voltage and more current, make a speaker cone move more? Or will it just be the same?
it will never happen.

for a given speaker, the current is determined by voltage/impedance.
you can't apply less voltage and and get more current.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by NoFX_Fan182
1/2" dia. flat panel speakers.

Nah. What I meant, was that maybe the size could influence how much it moves. The "?" was because I'm just guessing and don't know.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||