Has anyone ever experience the Zaireeka album by the Flaming Lips?? And by "experienced" I mean listened to all 4 cds at the same time on four different stereos with a bunch of people. If so, what was it like?

Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
Last edited by smile_man at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by Shpongled
I have a copy on my computer will all 4 discs already synced.

Wouldn't be the same though, would it?
Quote by Shpongled

Me too. Its quite possibly the Lips at their oddest (which is good).

Around the same time, they'd have people before/after their shows in cars play individual tapes out their windows and do a similar thing to Zareeka.

Those dudes are so cool.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Shpongled

FAIL

The cd isn't necessarily listen to the songs, but to the combinations of sounds and the human ear's ability to hear multiple things at once, at different distances. It's so that you can listen to the same song for than once, and actually have the same song change (slightly) every time you listen to it. (Very Avant-garde thinking)

Wayne had been experimenting with this stuff for a long time before Zaireeka, and had discovered that, when played through different cd players, the same cd's wouldn't always sync up right. The songs would start and end at the same times, but sections throughout the songs would randomly slow or speed up just a tiny bit.

Having them digitally synced up perfectly and playing all the different channels through the same speakers is an awful way to listen to the CD, and completely ruins the experience.
Quote by elemenohpee
FAIL

The cd isn't necessarily listen to the songs, but to the combinations of sounds and the human ear's ability to hear multiple things at once, at different distances. It's so that you can listen to the same song for than once, and actually have the same song change (slightly) every time you listen to it. (Very Avant-garde thinking)

Wayne had been experimenting with this stuff for a long time before Zaireeka, and had discovered that, when played through different cd players, the same cd's wouldn't always sync up right. The songs would start and end at the same times, but sections throughout the songs would randomly slow or speed up just a tiny bit.

Having them digitally synced up perfectly and playing all the different channels through the same speakers is an awful way to listen to the CD, and completely ruins the experience.

I know dude, chill. I only have one cd player though so that's not really feasible for me.