i've been looking at ceriatone amps recently and i'm especially interested in the 18w amps. what is the quality and sound like of ceriatone amps, they are supposed to be marshall clones correct? Also, what is the difference between the three 18w amps? (there is the 18W, the 18W TMB, and the 18W TMB EF86)
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
TMB stands for treble mid bass if i'm not wrong.. EF86 should mean a different tube.
The ceriatone amps are pretty good copies of the original marshalls.
the Ceriatone marshalls are better than the Marshalls made today. Get it.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
the Ceriatone marshalls are better than the Marshalls made today. Get it.

hes not kidding, my friend has a ceritone, and it seriosuly sounds wayy better. there actualyl not as muddy at low volumes i find also :P
you can get the fully assembled amp right? you don't have to buy the parts individually and assemble them yourself?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Yeah you can. It should all be listed on the website for pricing for a fully assembled kit.
ya and there a million times cheaper than marshall, well maybe not a million but by a good 400 bucks
their copy of the super bass head is spot on, and it's only like 900 for a fully assembled head, compared to the thousands a vintage marshall superbass head would go for (i think they're like close to 2 grand on the used market, but don't quote me on it).
Just remember that shipping is insane.
Address:

CeriaTone Amplification
13-2, 2nd Floor
Jalan Cempaka SD 12/2, Bandar Sri Damansara
52200 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
holy #$%@!! I didn't notice they were in Malaysia. DAMN! No wonder the prices seem to good to be true.

Look here: http://ceriatone.com/Rates/WebRev4/USA_4.htm

For your Marshall Head it could range from 112 - 178 bucks SHIPPING!!

Still, it's a helluva lot cheaper than going with a vintage or current production Marshall, and it'll sound as good as the vintage ones, and/or better than the current ones.
How high gain can the 18w ceriatone go? are we talking van halen/randy rhodes distortion or will i need some kinda pedal or boost?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
How high gain can the 18w ceriatone go? are we talking van halen/randy rhodes distortion or will i need some kinda pedal or boost?

Even Rhodes used a distortion pedal ontop of his amp, and Van halen had some extra stuff going on to get the brown sound.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
If the shipping to the UK wasn't insane for these, I'd seriously consider getting a Ceriatone.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by Reincaster
Even Rhodes used a distortion pedal ontop of his amp, and Van halen had some extra stuff going on to get the brown sound.

Who is this "Rhoads" you speak of? I always thought RR used his Super D for recording and a solo boost live. I know EVH has a Boss Super Distortion, though I have no clue to what degree he uses it. As for Ceriatone, I seem to recall reading a review that said something to the degree of the diagrams for the unassembled amps weren't very clear or color coded..