So I've had a pretty bad fear of heights almost my entire life and used to be terrified of roller coasters, was at Six Flags over Texas today and I finally pulled myself together and rode the Titan (250+ ft roller coaster) and it wasn't that bad and then I went on it 2 more times, kinda proud of myself actually , had been on every other ride except for the Titan before.

Yea this may come off as sad to some of you but dealing with heights has probably been the most challenging issue in my whole life and I do kickboxing/MMA so thats how bad it is, before the ride, I almost had an anxiety attack waiting in line...but yea -_-
^ Congrats.

I'll admit to being a bit scared of roller coasters myself and a year ago or so I finally had the guts to ride one of em'.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I used to be scared of rollercoasters until I went to Great America. My friend and I kept sneaking back on the Top Gun ride each time we finished.
Went on it three times? At the Six Flags by me (Great Adventure) three rides is pretty much all you have time for in an entire day... 3-4 hour waits per ride is normal.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Awesome man! I also had a fear of rollercoasters up until I was about 13. Finally went on top gun at Great America when I was 13. I'm still not the biggest fan of rollercoasters, but i'm fine with them for the most part.

-highfive-
Gear:
Fender Standard HSS Strat w/ Tone Zone bridge
ESP Ltd EC-1k Black cherry
Carvin DC127 blackburst with Bareknuckle Warpigs
Peavey 6505+
I'm not afraid of coasters at all.. safe ones. But I don't **** with six flags, they mess up once a year.
Nice job, i too used to be scared of many types of rides, but after going to universal studios and riding the hulk, and countless amounts of peer pressure at the state fair, i ride almost anything (except for those rides that go up like 100ft then free fall....f*ck that)
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Man i wish there were roller costers around here...
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by Lgndkllr777
Went on it three times? At the Six Flags by me (Great Adventure) three rides is pretty much all you have time for in an entire day... 3-4 hour waits per ride is normal.

Yea the park was filled but surprisingly the lines for the huge rides like Titan and Batman were nearly empty.

I thought I was gonna black out going up that hill right before the first drop, so hard to keep your hands up though -_-
Had the same kind of experience recently....a few weeks ago I was a wuss when it came to rollercoasters....friday i rode front row of Sheikra at Busch Gardens (Tampa-Also like 15 minutes from my house ) For those that dont know....250 ft drop....90 degress btw (I thought i peed myself but i didnt hahahahah) Ive also ridden front row on every other ride....MONTU FTW!!!!
theres a roller coaster at busch gardens that has two 90 degree drops. the worst is they stop u at the top while your looking down, to FORCE you to look...its ****ing AWESOME!!!!
I used to be somewhat scared of roller coasters. I still would go on most of them with my friends, but I was afraid of some of them. It wasn't until I went on Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain that I began to lose that fear. And X2 totally demolished any fears about roller coasters I ever had. They still make me nauseous though
Quote by thespian948
theres a roller coaster at busch gardens that has two 90 degree drops. the worst is they stop u at the top while your looking down, to FORCE you to look...its ****ing AWESOME!!!!

I rode it the day it opened.

But then I rode the Top Thrill Dragster and it was pure win.
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
Quote by thespian948

yeah thats sheikra! nice view up there
goign to six flags (new jersey) in like two weeks. we are going on a thursday so hopefully the lines wont be that bad. i plan on riding nitro a couple of times hehe
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by burrit0
I used to be scared of rollercoasters until I went to Great America. My friend and I kept sneaking back on the Top Gun ride each time we finished.

Never rode that one before

My favorite at Great America was Superman! Scary as HELL!
Quote by lanzaa
goign to six flags (new jersey) in like two weeks. we are going on a thursday so hopefully the lines wont be that bad. i plan on riding nitro a couple of times hehe

Yeah, definately go to Nitro. That thing is awesome. Also hit up Medusa.

Anyway, congratulations on conquering your fear TS.
Only roller coaster I like is the Rocking Roller coaster with Aerosmith at Disney World. Other then that I don't like them much. But congrats on conquering your fear.
Quote by Dirge Humani
My second roller-coaster ever was Kingda Ka. I was disappointed.

I'm kinda weird with roller-coasters. I can go on pretty extreme steel coasters, but I can't stand wooden ones at all...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by lanzaa

Nitro's amazing, but everything I go the wait is like 2-3 hours. IMO don't go on Kingda Ka if the line's really really long. It's fun, but not worth the wait. I've yet to go there since they've opened El Turo there though... I really wanna try it.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?