ok, so I bought a Palomino V32H a couple weeks ago, and so far have been very impressed. I took it to a guy that works on amps to have him check it out, cuz the chassis was loose, and I wanted to make sure there wern't any other problems w/ it. He looked it over, tightned up the chassis and said everything looked fine. Then I'm playing it earlier today, and it starts making this noise that sounds just like radio static. My guitar still comes through, but there's this static in the background. Do you think it's the tubes, or something else?
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
sometimes amps can pick up radio frequencies, but it could be a number of things. If im not mistaken that amp has el84 powertubes and el84 usually have some white noise (static). The tubes they come with stock are usually cheap made in china tubes and they can have a lot of static. I would swap out the tubes youll notice a big difference at least I did with my blackheart.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
What happens when you tap on the top of the amp? Play for a while, and then turn your guitar down, put it on a stand or somehting and tap everywhere on the top of the amp and see if the noise comes through the speakers.

I got my brandnew amp and it wa slike static kind of when i tapped it and it turned out to be a dry joint, i got it fixed.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
I'm playing through a Strat deluxe HSS, and it does exactly the same thing whether I'm using single coils or the humbucker. It actually sounds the same whether my guitar is plugged in or not. I tried tapping on the top and sides, messing w/ the speaker cable, etc., and nothing seemed to make a difference.
My Gear:
Hagstrom HIIN
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
it's probably just crappy tubes. id get them replaced and if it's still there then that's when you should really worry.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
ok, I guess I'll try new tubes. I now know it's not a power issue, cuz I took it back to GC today, (where I bought it) and the guy there said it was prolly bad power. so I bought a power conditioner and it made no difference whatsoever. So I guess I'll try new tubes, and if that dosen't work, I guess I'm just kinda screwed. btw, thanx for all the help guys.
My Gear:
Hagstrom HIIN
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by ninjafingers
ok, I guess I'll try new tubes. I now know it's not a power issue, cuz I took it back to GC today, (where I bought it) and the guy there said it was prolly bad power. so I bought a power conditioner and it made no difference whatsoever. So I guess I'll try new tubes, and if that dosen't work, I guess I'm just kinda screwed. btw, thanx for all the help guys.

You aren't screwed, i honestly think it's the pots or a solder joint, it could be as simple as taking it to a tech and saying, can you check it all over and touch things up, then you give him some money and take your amp home like it's brand new. I don't see it being the tubes honestly, but good luck.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by ninjafingers

same thing happened to me. you might just be getting interference wherever it is in that room. my amp was silent at a gig i had, but noisy as hell in the garage. try playing it somewhere else.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by b00m_
You aren't screwed, i honestly think it's the pots or a solder joint, it could be as simple as taking it to a tech and saying, can you check it all over and touch things up, then you give him some money and take your amp home like it's brand new. I don't see it being the tubes honestly, but good luck.

I actually took it into a tech right after I bought it, and just told him to check everything out, and he said everything looked fine. I really don't think it's the tubes either, that was just the only other thing I could think of.
My Gear:
Hagstrom HIIN
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Alright guys, I think I solved it, and big thanx to UnsignedRecords. I decided to take his advice, and try it in another room. I wheeled it down the hall, fired it up, and it worked perfect! I guess it's just something that's causing interference in my room. Much thanx for all the help.
My Gear:
Hagstrom HIIN
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
i have the v16 and had the same problem, sometimes it was clear and sometimes there was static no matter where it was plugged in. after alot of trouble(new tubes, rewired guitar) it still did it. Guitar center then warranteed it for me, shipped me a new one and this one works fine as is stock