ok so i have enough money now to get a new guitar now, but.... should i wait for a deal on a schecter hellraiser to pop up on my local craigslist or msuic store, or should i just go buy everything new from GC?

i really really want a Hellraiser bad, but i dont know if i should pay around $850 for everything new including accessories, or wait for a deal that includes all that for like $600

because i want to try to have enouhg $$$ left over to get a used MIM tele

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
depends on wether or not you want a perfect guitar or if you dont mind a couple dings and/or scratches, its hard to keep a guitar from getting those swirl scratches unless you dont play it
instruments:
B.C Rich Warlock-Body Art Collection-June 2003
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Squire Strat (way sweeter than it sounds)
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
I think you should wait for GC's next sale, which I imagine will be in 3 or 4 months, and keep saving till that day. By the time the day of the sale comes around, you could possibly have enough money to get that Hellraiser new, and still have enough left over to get you that MIM Tele.
personally....i would buy a new amp. w/e guitar you have now is going to sound a lot better through an alltube amplifier. thats one thing that most noobies overlook( no offense what so ever) is that they just want a really ncie guitar. but it sounds like crap through a not as great amp. so i would take that money you have, and buy an all tube combo.

i reccomend this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046

on topic of your original question: i would buy used. may be a little scratched up, but thats going to happen anyway. guitars are meant to be played man.
Last edited by thespian948 at Jul 6, 2008,
ya, i dont even mind used....but i just cant seem to wait with buying the hellraiser...i guess an easy way to say it is: the money is burning a hole through my pocket haha

i wouldnt mind buying one off ebay, but im a bit worried about the shipping and time itll take to get here

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
ya, i dont even mind used....but i just cant seem to wait with buying the hellraiser...i guess an easy way to say it is: the money is burning a hole through my pocket haha

i wouldnt mind buying one off ebay, but im a bit worried about the shipping and time itll take to get here

even if it does take a like a week or 2, your saving $200+. either way you slice it, its worth it in my oppinion. and if you decide you dont like it and sell it, you wont lose retail, since you bought it used to begin with.
true..BUT...i play guitar in my church's student group band, and i just sold my epi les paul to a friend last week, so....i kind of need a guitar for practice/gigging on wednesdays..

i dont have practice THIS wednesday, so i am saved for now..but next Wed. ill need a guitar and i cant wait a week 1/2 or 2

im hoping for a used music superstore near me to get one soon..i called and he said he didnt have any currently but do call back because he gets them

OR a local craigslist deal would be awesome!!

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I wouldn't recommend purchasing the Hellraiser. It somehow tends to attract those who haven't played many other guitars, because it offers very professional features... just, at low quality. That may sound like an oxymoron, but someone here will understand me.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
I wouldn't recommend purchasing the Hellraiser. It somehow tends to attract those who haven't played many other guitars, because it offers very professional features... just, at low quality. That may sound like an oxymoron, but someone here will understand me.

i see what you mean by pro features at low quality, but when i played one i was actually pretty impressed with it. i would have bought one, but the EMG's just wernt versatile enough for me. so what do you mean by low quality? the wood, hardware, what?
i know EMGs are mostly metal..but i actually dont play that much metal...but most of the stuff i do cover, people in those bands use Hellraisers a lot..i actually plan on using it to cover basically any type of distorted rock....people have said emgs can be versatile with the right EQ/knob tweakage

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
i work at a guitar store in west palm beach florida. we have a hellraiser, and it is a hell of a lot cheaper than 850. let me know if you are in the area.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by jcp42877
i know EMGs are mostly metal..but i actually dont play that much metal...but most of the stuff i do cover, people in those bands use Hellraisers a lot..i actually plan on using it to cover basically any type of distorted rock....people have said emgs can be versatile with the right EQ/knob tweakage

well anything distorted the excellent for. but the cleans were....not...good. and if you need the guitar so fast, could you possibly barrow the LP back until you get the hellraiser?
Quote by spootz
i work at a guitar store in west palm beach florida. we have a hellraiser, and it is a hell of a lot cheaper than 850. let me know if you are in the area.

no haha...i want the NON FR version so thats like $700
the HSC would be $100
strap locks $25
tax $55-60
= mucho $$$

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by thespian948
well anything distorted the excellent for. but the cleans were....not...good. and if you need the guitar so fast, could you possibly barrow the LP back until you get the hellraiser?

imk the rhythm guitarist in our band so probably haha, i sold my LP to our lead..he was using an epi lp-100, not the best..but i used it last week when we played

but yeah..i just dont want to keep 'mooching' off him until i get my guitar in

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
any other thoughts...im considering going to GC today haha

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables