I am stuck between an Ibanez S740 and a Kramer Striker Custom FR-424CM I have messed with both like the way the both feel. I am able to get them for about the same price. I play a variety from classic rock to blues, jazz and then some alternative stuff. These both seem nice but this will probably be my last guitar purchase for a while with gas getting so expensive. Which do yall think is a better guitar overall.
i didnt even know kramer was still around, unless its used......
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Kramer...but i've never been much for Ibanez especially the s series...so this is a somewhat biased opinion but i've also heard many good things about Kramer
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
It depends I would say the S, but if it has a lotrs it may not be good, and im also not sure about the lisc floyd on the kramer
it is a used kramer but its been taken care of.
I mainly like Ibanez because its what ive known. They are reliable and versatile atleast all the ones i ever had.
Quote by jake911
It depends I would say the S, but if it has a lotrs it may not be good, and im also not sure about the lisc floyd on the kramer

lotrs? lisc? sorry im not catching ya there
the floyd on the kramer, im not sure if how good it is because I believe it is a licensed tremolo.

And for the s470 does it have a lo-trs or a Zr Tremolo.

The latter is a better tremolo than the lo-trs which isnt very good.
Quote by miller89
lotrs? lisc? sorry im not catching ya there

Lo-TRS = name of an Ibanez trem, crap.
Lisc = not made by Floyd Rose, some are good, some are sh!t.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
the s has a zr trem and the kramer has a licensed floyd the guy wont sell me his real floyd
i had a kramer focus circa 1989, and it had a ofr but it was not recessed. i wish i still had that guitar.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
I-BAN-EZ ftw
Quote by element4433
That happened to me once. Then I got in my flying car, flew home and made love to my wife, Scarlett Johansen.

Quote by RobertiusB
I've seen Lil' Wayne do some pretty technical solos tbh.
For more info on Ibanez tremolo systems... read here.

But to cut it short, the ZR trem is pretty good, feedback generally positive. As for the Kramer, I'm unsure.
Quote by mig-29
i had a kramer focus circa 1989, and it had a ofr but it was not recessed. i wish i still had that guitar.

I have a Kramer Focus circa 1984 and it has an OFR that isn't recessed... and it's for sale...
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
get the kramer. mine used t go outta tune a bit in the beginning, but the springs just needed to be stretched... now it stays perfectly. had it a year and a half now. no issues whatsover
Thanks everyone, knowing a little more about that zr trem and that this isnt one of ibanez's crap jobs i think i will go with it. plus im starting to think about gas prices i would prob end up using another 8 gallons going out to the kramer guy than my friendly neighborhood pawn shop.
If anyone looks at this ever again I ended up getting the Ibanez.... AND I LOVE IT. It feels awesome, ultra light and just very solid. It was made for me.
Hey man its totally up to you. Guitars are a personal preference. Some people love Les Pauls, I don't like them at all along with pretty much all Ibanez guitars. You love your Ibanez and thats cool, enjoy it, play it. Don't worry what others think. Once you develop a taste of what you like, neck shapes, weight, tone blah blah you wont have to ask anyone what to recommend....especially UG
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
have any of you guys even looked at the kramer hes talking about... its a very cheap and low end model. The trem on it isn't very good at all. Go with the ibanez s470. The ZR bridge is one of the best bridges out there right now. Plus the S series are super thin, light, and very comfortable
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by miller89
the s has a zr trem and the kramer has a licensed floyd the guy wont sell me his real floyd

go with the ibanez.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
When i first started playing guitar i had my heart set on a Gibson SG after id saved up enough for it id decided to play around with a few other makes to check i was making the right choice, picked up an s520ex bought that and ive been playing Ibanez ever since. They are fantastic guitars.