... and now its time to find a new one.
So today I went with a friend to Sam Ash to try stuff out. We went to the guitars first, and the dude who worked there wouldn't let me try guitars I wanted so I looked around and this one RG caught my eye. After playing it, I realized that this would be my next guitar, until I looked at the price tag. At first I wasn't so worried, it being around $1500, but I noticed it was on sale for being last year's model. This year's model was... $2600 It'll probably be sold before I can save up for it and the amp that I want.

So basically if you were tl;dr, I need a cheaper alternative in sound and feel to the RGT320Z. For price, I'd like it to be around $1000 give or take a couple hundred, and with floyd rose, 24 jumbo frets, fat neck, h-s-h or h-h with nice pickups.

And I know that this isn't GG&A but could someone tell me an alternative to the JVM410C? 2000 is a bit steep for now I think, although being a combo amp is no biggie to me, as long as it's all tube. My gear fund right now is around 500 so I've still got a LONG way to go

Lastly, I play jazz, shred, neoclassical stuff and progressive (I fail at all of those though ahah), but I have my strat for jazzy or bluesy stuff. Having nice cleans would be nice still.
just get last years if you liked it. killer savings and who cares if it is one year old.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by spootz
just get last years if you liked it. killer savings and who cares if it is one year old.

I don't think the OP cares about last years model, it is more the fact that it is $1500 and he doesnt have that money now and by the time he gets it there might only be the new model which is $2600
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
dk2 I would see if you can find a used one or at least start looking to see if there are used ones being offered and how much they are going for - just in case you can't get the new one.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
"So today I went with a friend to Sam Ash to try stuff out. We went to the guitars first, and the dude who worked there wouldn't let me try guitars I wanted so I looked around and this one RG caught my eye."

^^I don't get that part at all. He didn't let you try the guitars, then you tried one out? What??
crazy talking animals
Some San Ash locations are real picky about letting kids or teenagers try stuff out without a parent around (that may be the case here) so it looks like he just happened upon that RG and picked it up, probably before the sales person could stop him...
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
Yeah I had to wait for the one bitchy dude to go away and for another dude who was working there to show up. He was pretty cool, so it's not like I'm saying they all suck. What was funny though was the fact that one other guy didn't let me play one of the mid range s series but told me i could play one of the other rg prestiges.
Anyways shredder.cheese got it right. I'm not sure if many 2007 models will be left over once I get enough money.
I tried some Schecters and compared to the RGT, it just didn't feel all that special.
I'll go looking for some used guitars but I always seem to have bad luck, as the guitars I'm trying to get are sold before I have a chance to get it.
look at some other prestige models, theyre all good guitars. the rgt is not the only one.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Dude lay-by.
ftw?

I got the same thing with my mixing desk.
The 2007 model (mine is 2006) is exactly the same, but it has a ****ty effects unit and multicloloured knobs.

Go for it.
I love white guitars!
Quote by leviticus_22953
look at some other prestige models, theyre all good guitars. the rgt is not the only one.

+1

Go nuts, there are tons of Prestige Ibanez guitars.

For example, the RG2550Z. Also, consider going used, most Ibanez guitars don't appreciate really well so you can find a good guitar for cheap.
Unless there is something majorly different on the newer model,I would go for the cheaper one.Second hand guitars are good.Both of my guitars and my amp are second hand.Infact my washburn is as old as me.My epihpone for example.$1200 (AU) brand new in the nearest music shop.I found a second hand one for $550.$120 worth of servicing (things that I would have had to do to a brand new one anyway) later and I've got the guitar I wanted alot sooner than I expected for nearly half the price.
Guys, the reason I said I can't get last year's model was because they have one left and I probably can't save up for it before someone buys it. I tried out the RG2550 and liked it, but I found the tone of the RGT320Z was much better, being mahogany. Plus it's a neck thru.
I'd love to go used, but where do I start? Last thing I bought used was my first guitar way back.
And does anyone have tips on the amp?
Quote by gurg06

yeah man, schecters really are special guitars... i own a 006 elite - fantastic instrument, the one above will prob be even nicer.

this is mine :-)
http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-SCH006ELITE?source=froogle
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
If some store told me that I couldn't play one of their guitars then I would leave and not shop there anymore.
as already said, there are cheaper prestige ibanezes, but they aren't neck-thru.

regarding the jvm, there's a two channel version coming out which will be a little cheaper, or you could try the dsl.

however, considering you're in america, i'd probably get a splawn or roccaforte (or soldano, or cae, or... you get the picture. Something around the same price as the marshall which will kick its ass).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks
Yeah I couldn't care less if it was a Marshall or not, I just really liked the tone of the JVM.
About the guitars, does the bolt on neck really change the playability much? I noticed it wasn't as bad as say, a Strat's bolt on neck, but I couldn't really tell.
Used :d
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by dk2
Thanks
Yeah I couldn't care less if it was a Marshall or not, I just really liked the tone of the JVM.
About the guitars, does the bolt on neck really change the playability much? I noticed it wasn't as bad as say, a Strat's bolt on neck, but I couldn't really tell.

not really. the AANJ which the ibanezes have means it's pretty easy to get up to the high frets, though a neck-thru is probably better still.

and yeah, there's nothing wrong with the jvm, it's pretty nice actually, nicest marshall which has been released for a while. just you end up paying a premium for one if you aren't in the UK, and there are plenty of kick-ass USA-based amp manufacturers (which you'd end up paying a premium for in the UK, lol).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?