So being the nooblet that I am when it comes to other scales besides the pentatonic minor, natural minor, and harmonic minor scales, I decided to learn some major scale.
So I download a track in Dm, check in the circle of fifths which major scale would be the parallel one, and see that it's F.
I go to www.all-guitar-chords.com, check the phyrigian scale in F, learn the 1st pattern, and try to improvise.
Little did I know that I was going to sound as utter crap :nonono:. So I start switching the position over the fretboard until it fits, and I see that it was actually in A .
I go again to allguitarchords, and check the major scale in F to be sure, and indeed, I see that the mode that would be the phyrigian's 1st pattern, is in A.

So is some chart like the circle of fifths to see the equivalent key of the modes in relation to the major scale, or a method to know them?
Thanks.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

You'd just be playing in D minor; F Phrygian is not even close to what you need, and you shouldn't worry about modes for the time being. You'd be playing the "A Phrygian" position because it has the same notes as D minor, but it's still D minor.
So is some chart like the circle of fifths to see the equivalent key of the modes in relation to the major scale, or a method to know them?

A mode of the major scale has the same notes as the major scale with a different root.

The order of the modes is Ionian Dorian Phrygian Lydian Mixolydian Aeolian Locrian. Ionian has it's root on the first note of the major scale, dorian has it's root on the second note of the major scale, phrygian the third etc.

So the modes of F major are:

F Ionian (major) F G A Bb C D E
G Dorian G A Bb C D E F
A Phrygian A Bb C D E F G
Bb Lydian Bb C D E F G A
C Mixolydian C D E F G A Bb
D Aeolian (natural minor) D E F G A Bb C
E Locrian E F G A Bb C D
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums