What would be a really good amp for a Fender Standard Stratocaster, and why?

I don't want to spend more than $500, so if you can find a good amp within that price, I would be really happy. Also, please provide links to the amp, if possible; I'm really lazy.

For all of you who wonder, I play punk and rock - Green Day, blink-182, Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Edit 3 (HOPEFULLY the final Edit): Okay, I realized I was expecting a bit much for my price range... that's fine. I guess I'll go for those smaller amps, as long as they sound good. So out of a bunch of suggestions I've seen, these ones seem to be the best:

- Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959
- Fender Pro Junior
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Pro-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480511
- Peavey ValveKing 112
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

Which would be best for a guy like me? Any other suggestions and why? Thanks!
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Last edited by sixwingmortal at Jul 7, 2008,
What sort of music do you like to play?

Within $500 there are alot of options.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Could you tell us what music you play?
Or are you too lazy?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you don't mind SS, the FM 212r has good cleans to work off of, if you have decent pedals.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
If you don't mind SS, the FM 212r has good cleans to work off of, if you have decent pedals.

He could do alot better for 500 dollars...

2nd'ing for style of music
Get a mini tube amp if you're bedroom practising.. Pro Junior, Blues junior, Valve junior, Blackheart LG would all fit the bill if you don't play metal..(i assume you aren't since you bought a strat :P)
Quote by guitarist151
Get a mini tube amp if you're bedroom practising.. Pro Junior, Blues junior, Valve junior, Blackheart LG would all fit the bill if you don't play metal..(i assume you aren't since you bought a strat :P)

+1
I Forgot the Blackheart. Little Giant or Handsome Devil would be very nice, but my original suggestion of Pro Jr. or Blues Jr. stands as well. Depends on the tone you're looking for.
_______
|||||||||||||||
well it has to be a fender amp. fender guitars only work with fender amps. everyone knows this.

(if you dont realize that im kidding, you should probably die.)
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by sixwingmortal

Edit 2: Oh and also, don't suggest some small baby amp, just because you think I won't be playing for people except for myself. There might be that big what if I get into a band or I have to play for a group of people...

Only one "baby amp" has been suggested so far (I'll leave that up to the readers to decide which one it is), but for $500, you're not going to get anything AMAZING. We're recommending the best amps for your budget, but I usually go for good tone over wattage. So if you want some shitty 150-watt that sounds like bees, just say so.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Peavey ValveKing, Blackheart, Peavey Classic 30
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Well if you think you need the wattage for gigs.. try and find a used peavey classic 30 i guess. Don't get some mega **** ss half-stack or something though. If you really need the wattage save up for a decent wattage tube amp.
Okay I just updated my first post...
where is the Classic 30?
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Any of the used Peavey Classic 30's are great. They're versatile and can have some decent gain on tap.

As far as lower wattage the Pro Junior is nice as you can crank it to get some natural drive at more reasonable levels. If you want to gig and turn the amp up I would go with a full tube amp and not SS.

Other than that most of the amps should work alright for you, so long as it can have decent cleans and drive you could probably EQ the right sounds. Though some of these amps might be a bit more classic voiced for your tastes but it might work.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
get a classic 30. its the best in that price class and does great for RHCP and other ones you listed
Quote by Swat Man
get a classic 30. its the best in that price class and does great for RHCP and other ones you listed

Alright man, you just topped off the Peavey Classic 30 recommendations. I'll definitely try out this amp. Just a question. I searched it up on some online store and I found two different ones... which one is best for me to get?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30-Head-Tube-Amp-?sku=481019
or
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30112-Tube-Amp-Combo-?sku=481014
the head tube amp you need a cabinet which would be ATLEAST another 300.... get the combo amp version. its all you need.
i say combo!
Ibanez AEL 12-string

http://cgi.ebay.com/B-52-Guitar-Amplification-AT-112-b52-guitar-amp-at112_W0QQitemZ290230843073QQihZ019QQcategoryZ23787QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

the peavey Classic 30, really.
he said punk blink 182, greenday.
the peavey is great and all but its not voiced for that stuff, its more of a classic rock sound, and old metal like judas priest.
and the B-52 is great for rock and punk.
Quote by TheKaiser77
http://cgi.ebay.com/B-52-Guitar-Amplification-AT-112-b52-guitar-amp-at112_W0QQitemZ290230843073QQihZ019QQcategoryZ23787QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

the peavey Classic 30, really.
he said punk blink 182, greenday.
the peavey is great and all but its not voiced for that stuff, its more of a classic rock sound, and old metal like judas priest.
and the B-52 is great for rock and punk.

B-52? I've never heard of it... I don't really think I want to buy from a brand that I have no idea about...
B-52 are quite a well known brand, quite good high gain amps if you arent loaded
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by sixwingmortal
B-52? I've never heard of it... I don't really think I want to buy from a brand that I have no idea about...

Get it.

They're awesome amps and are very versatile. They're actually very well known both here on UG and other places. The B52 is the 'do anything' amp for someone on a budget.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
I don't think you would have any trouble pulling off those tones with a Classic 30. It is a very good amp. Generaly $300 - $350 used. As well you should be able to score a fender Hot Rod or Blues Deluxe for around $400 if you look used. That would as well be a good amp for those bands. Look used, get better gear, be happy longer...
Quote by gregs1020
I don't think you would have any trouble pulling off those tones with a Classic 30. It is a very good amp. Generaly $300 - $350 used. As well you should be able to score a fender Hot Rod or Blues Deluxe for around $400 if you look used. That would as well be a good amp for those bands. Look used, get better gear, be happy longer...

+1 on the peavey

-1 on those 2 fenders ( he plays punk ! )
Quote by WtrPlyr
I'd say a Fender Blues Junior for the styles you posted. If you have a little money left, get an overdrive or fuzz pedal as well.

Wouldn't the Fender Blues Junior be for someone who usually plays... the blues?
Quote by sixwingmortal
Wouldn't the Fender Blues Junior be for someone who usually plays... the blues?

Yes
But it can do whatever you want.

I don't know how well it can do it, but it can.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
i'd probably go with a classic 30. though if you're willing to go used, a traynor ycv might be within range too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bjovi400
where is the Classic 30?

LIMITED EDITION, 1 of 100, WHITE SCHECTER SYNYSTER CUSTOM ON ITS WAY!!

lol, you've been a member since 2005 and the only gear you have is a ****ty sig guitar from a ****ty band, that you dont even have yet?