So whats the hardest solo you guys learned in your first year of guitar playing? I can't name mine yet considering I haven't been playing a year yet just curious to see what peoples answers are.
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5
not really hard..but Dead by MCR..i still havent nailed it all the way

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I bet that you are going to compare yourself with other peoples hardest song's solo and see if yours is harder so that you can feel that you are a good guitarist.

Just a thought.
Quote by Graveworm
I bet that you are going to compare yourself with other peoples hardest song's solo and see if yours is harder so that you can feel that you are a good guitarist.

Just a thought.

Wasn't thinking that at all, I am not a very good guitar player anyways I am just bored lol.
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5
Eruption by Van Halen

Its not really that hard, just some tapping
(I was only able to play it at 80% speed though)
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
i suck at soloing too xD id have to say.. statutory ape, also being one of the few only solos i really know.. well real solos i dont think mcr counts but thats just me
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
keeping in mind what VIRUSDETECTED said
i'd have to say for the love of god by steve vai

bahahah
lame thread
in my first year playing I didnt learn too many solos but the hardest one that i could actually play was unforgiven (the stinging from bending those strings with uncoulosed virgin fingers still makes me shudder)
o.k. so i've only been playin' for about 6 months so the only solo i can almost do is enter sandman
Quote by Underjoggle
My guitar is made from the wood of Christ's cross. With strings made of his beard hair.
Lol I thought I was p0nx in my first year and didn't care about soloing...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
For me it's Crazy train. There is still one part I'm not to great on, and it doesn't sound like the rela version, because I kinda just made it up to sound like it, but be easy enough for me to play. But the rest I have down pat pretty good.
Didn't bother with soloing my first year (Smells like Teen Spirit doesn't count). I figured I'd spend my time doing stuff that would a lot more helpful for me than butchering solos. I believe in challenging myself, but I also think being unrealistic cause you to sound like crap.
I've been playing since...I think February, maybe January....the only solos I can play at speed so far are the two solos in Iron Man....
First I learned More than a feelings solo. then Peace of minds then Hitch a rides. and so on and so forth lol
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
i learned the first MoP solo Ive only been playing since christmas but i learned it like 2 months ago. Very easy solo
Psycho by System of a Down or Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd... both are extremely easy, I just don't have enough time to practice, so I'm pretty bad
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
the second solo of comfortably numb from pulse....i can get most of it but its just so technical...not hard just skilled idk haha
Still working on the really fast bit, Sweet Child O Mine.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
inside the fire, disturbed.
My Gear

Dime Razorback Explosion
Line 6 75w half stack
Dean MLX EMG-hz
Line 6 30w combo
mop second solo, took a while to build the speed though
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
Quote by Laces Out Danny
Eruption by Van Halen

Its not really that hard, just some tapping
(I was only able to play it at 80% speed though)

LOL, no f*ckn way you can play that song when you start playing your first year!

Probably some slow metallica solo or something bluesy. I've never been someone who wanted to know how to exactly play a solo, I just improvise all the time.
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
My first year is coming to a close in a week, and I can almost play Altitudes. Mind you, I said almost. The solo is actually like the easiest part (the first set of sweeps). Everything else is much harder to play up to speed