My band just got done recording our CD... i am more blusey than the other guys, and I talked them into recording this song... I got my friend ian to help me with guitar...

If you could let me know what you think, that would be great!

www.myspace.com/thesearecrappychords

you can check out the other songs too... it just so happens that I don't need no docotor is the only real blues song... and we even made that a little more hard edge...

any feedback is welcome! thanks!
cool song, love the slide guitar at the beginning. nice tone and very well done soloing also.
i like the slide guitar intro and the rest is good too!
Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!
thanks a lot guys... we kinda thought that having my friend ian would help.. me and him are both very different styles haha

and jimmy94, i checked out your myspace.. you're stuff sounds amazing... the tone on stormy monday is so pure and clean...
i really dig the guitar, but i dont think the singing really fits the song, thats just my opinion though

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
Quote by sizzlenetsteve
thanks a lot guys... we kinda thought that having my friend ian would help.. me and him are both very different styles haha

and jimmy94, i checked out your myspace.. you're stuff sounds amazing... the tone on stormy monday is so pure and clean...

Thanks steve, I appreciate it
Dude I really like that. It's really good man. Love the vocals too.

Great job.

If you want, check out my songs on my profile.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
in comes neil to piss on your bonfire

this is in the wrong forum

*reported*
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by ze monsta
You do realise that the song is by Ray Charles?
Things shouldn't be a copy of John Mayer let alone his nasty thin tones.

It was originally a Ray Charles tune, yes, but this is this is a cover of the John Mayer version. The Ray Charles version was in a minor key, and John made it major. And this guy's using the same riff as Mayer. He doesn't have to use the EXACT same tone, but heavy distortion doesn't really suit the song well. And don't be hating on John Mayer's tone
I understand what you're saying slash 602... but the band sat down and thought about it, and we decided that if we were going to cover this song, we wanted it to be ours...i mean, we aren't john mayer trio or john scofield trio, so we decided not to cover it like either of them. we just decided to play it like us....
It's not even the John mayer Version, it's Scofields, aye?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Last edited by meh! at Jul 8, 2008,
That was sweet. That slide at the beginning was immense
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...