What would I need to buy to get my guitar hooked up to my PC so I can record songs and mix them? It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something to get what I'm playing to the computer.
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.
PM me if you want to talk about the Red Hot Chili Peppers or hip-hop.
I just bought a Tascam US-122L audio interface does the trick. I think it sounds alright and not too expencive
Is that something like I plug my guitar into a pedalboard, and then the pedalboard has a usb that goes to the computer and also a cable that goes to my amp? I'm new to all this so sorry if it's a strange question.
I just use my amp, 1/4" to 1/8" converter plug, 1/8" (male) to 1/8" (male) cord, and my sound card.
I get amazing cleans and if I tweak it just right, I can get amazing anything.
I plays guitars.
Last edited by 2003LP at Jul 7, 2008,
Check out Line 6 Guitar Port...I have one and it is the best and real easy to use. Only $100 too.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-GuitarPort-XT-Guitar-Effects-Processing?sku=150447
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
I just use a cable adapter thing and a regular cable, it works perfectly fine.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by 2003LP
I just use my amp, 1/4" to 1/8" converter plug, 1/8" (male) to 1/8" (male) cord, and my sound card.

Quote by Jesstaa
I just use a cable adapter thing and a regular cable, it works perfectly fine.

Basically this.
'Line Out' or 'Headphone' out of your amp, then plug a 1/4">1/8" converter on, then plug it into your soundcards 'Mic' or 'Line In'.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Basically this.
'Line Out' or 'Headphone' out of your amp, then plug a 1/4">1/8" converter on, then plug it into your soundcards 'Mic' or 'Line In'.

This seems like a simple option but what's a "1/4">1/8" converter" and where can I get one?
It just hooks up direct to one of the computers USB ports. It has built in cab simulation, multi-effects, metronome, a built in player that lets u jam with tracks (mp3, wav, etc) and also slow tracks down half speed to learn them + built in loop to play the selected part over and over. Then you can use Riff Works which is part of the software to record or if you have something like Cubase or Acid you can select Guitar Port as the input device and record that way.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Basically this.

right on, dude.
I plays guitars.