not a bad setup at all...

seems like in some of the reviews that most people are using a lower watt head... im sure the cab can handle the extra little bump anyway
It would be alright, but I'm honestly not too much of a fan of that series of Randall amps.

If you have that much money, you could afford better imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
yeah that is a good setup for shure
i was planning on getting one of those before i found my new amp

did you see the randall g3 of the same series but with the upgraded preamp from the xl series
it isn much more money and i think its way better
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-G3-Plus-Series-RH150G3PLUS-150W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481691

*wow i just realized that the one i found was cheaper than what you were looking at

i think its because of the lack of the digital effects which you dont need anyway because they usually suck anyway
in all honesty, cabs are essentially meaningless for tone customisation. the difference might be obvious if a cab has pierced and slashed speakers, but its all about the head man, and thats a decent head.
Quote by Hadeed
in all honesty, cabs are essentially meaningless for tone customisation. the difference might be obvious if a cab has pierced and slashed speakers, but its all about the head man, and thats a decent head.

WRONG

when i got my mesa cab my sound got WAAAAAY better
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Hadeed

Way wrong...
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
I've actually experimented with this theory of guitar cab changing for tone changing, and most of them are all the same. of course there is gonna be tone quality change if you go from a $10.95 cab to an $800, or if you use a bass cab on a guitar head. once you get to a certain point, they're all essentially the same. a few minute adjustments to the EQs will get the similar sound you're after.
Quote by Hadeed
I've actually experimented with this theory of guitar cab changing for tone changing, and most of them are all the same. of course there is gonna be tone quality change if you go from a $10.95 cab to an $800, or if you use a bass cab on a guitar head. once you get to a certain point, they're all essentially the same. a few minute adjustments to the EQs will get the similar sound you're after.

Maybe if you're working with the same speakers, but there's a HUGE difference in sound with something like a 4x12 with G12T-75s and something with Vintage 30s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com