17 4%
Tweek Tweak
14 4%
Other
44 11%
Voters: 385.
Page 1 of 4

(Muhammad depiction)

Okay, I love South Park, and I'm sure a lot of you guys do. I won't call this the ONLY South Park Thread, because I hate to be that greedy, but lets just have a good thread for South Park discussion.

Here are sites where you can watch South Park episodes free:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/ (The official)

http://www.southparkzone.com/ (In my opinion, this is the best EDIT: I think this one stopped working)

http://allsp.com/ (Okay, but it's kind of sloppy)

http://southpark-zone.blogspot.com/ (Eh...I'll use it sometimes with South Park Zone is down)

Here are some questions for discussion:

1. Favorite character? (I choose Cartman, then Kenny. Mr. Garrison is high on the list, too)

2. Favorite episode? (Ms. Teacher Bangs A Boy)

3. Is South Park better than Family Guy or The Simpsons? (I say the Simpsons is okay, and Family Guy sucks. South Park is better)
Last edited by The Madcap at Oct 23, 2010,
Quote by JackalUK
The best char is by far Randy in any episode where he features a lot.
Randy is by far the funniest parent. Although Cartman's mom is in second.

Randy: "There's a reason God made our penises like little hoses."
South Park is good. That episode about Family Guy pissed me off though. I mean South Park creators may think that their cartoon is full of witty intelligent jokes but it isn't really.

Good show though, I watch it a lot.

has no signature.
1. Cartman, mr.mackey(mmkay?)
2. thats hard, cant really pick edit: oh i guess one of my favorites is the dodgeball one.
3. Thats hard too, i guess my order is (old)simpsons, family guy, then south park
Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
Last edited by Incesticide at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by 11223344554433
South Park is good. That episode about Family Guy pissed me off though. I mean South Park creators may think that their cartoon is full of witty intelligent jokes but it isn't really.

They actually did have some humility there, when that one guy said that at least Family Guy doesn't have its head up its ass with all their messages.

But I did agree that Family Guy is written badly.
Quote by JackalUK

......I'm not an artard.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Quote by The Madcap
They actually did have some humility there, when that one guy said that at least Family Guy doesn't have its head up its ass with all their messages.

But I did agree that Family Guy is written badly.

Yeah Family Guy is poorly written but I think it's a hilarious show. And South Park can be too but that episode came across to me as "Our cartoon is much more sophisticated, and funnier than Family Guy" And that kinda pissed me off.

has no signature.
Heh, I was watching the episode on comedy central the other day where Family Guy puts in Mohammed uncensored. The part of the episode with Muhammed uncensored was censored by comedy central
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Just go to their official site to watch episodes, they have all of them in great quality, and a bunch of other cool features.
Edit: forgot the link : http://www.southparkstudios.com/
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Quote by 11223344554433
Yeah Family Guy is poorly written but I think it's a hilarious show. And South Park can be too but that episode came across to me as "Our cartoon is much more sophisticated, and funnier than Family Guy" And that kinda pissed me off.

They had a go at Family Guy (I'm sure you can't deny the reasons they used) although most characters seemed to like the show and in the process they had a go at themselves too. If you were turned off by that episode you are clearly too easily offended to watch South Park.
People in the UK generally stopped watching South Park 8 years ago! I remember it as a huge craze in primary school in year 6...

I mean sure some people still watch it, but it really burned itself out over here.
Stan's my fav. I suppose I can relate to him more, him being the the most normal out of the children.

His dad reminds me of my dad, haha.
Hi, how are you?
Quote by Adam_G
They had a go at Family Guy (I'm sure you can't deny the reasons they used) although most characters seemed to like the show and in the process they had a go at themselves too. If you were turned off by that episode you are clearly too easily offended to watch South Park.
that's the same thing they say when people criticize mind of mencia... if you don't think it's funny, you MUST be some kind of prude who can't appreciate all the edgy, pushin'-the-envelope humor...

south park jumped the shark years ago..
Last edited by blackflag49 at Jul 7, 2008,
Kenny's mom doesn't look quite bad on that second pic.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
Quote by Lucky#Slevin
Kenny's mom doesn't look quite bad on that second pic.

I thought this too.
Quote by blackflag49
that's the same kind of thing they spew when people criticize mind of mencia... if you don't think it's funny, you MUST be some kind of prude who can't appreciate all the edgy, pushin'-the-envelope humor...

south park jumped the shark years ago.

Have you seen the episode? It isn't "pushing the envelope" humour at all. What I meant is that it was not the sort of episode to find offensive. If he took offence to say... Bloody Mary, I'd understand.
Last edited by Adam_G at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by Adam_G
Have you seen the episode? It isn't "pushing the envelope" humour at all. What I meant is that it was not the sort of episode to find offensive. If he took offence to say... Bloody Mary, I'd understand.
not offensive in the sense of "i can't believe they'd do that, that's horrible"

but offensive in the sense of "this is a cartoon that features a talking turd, and they've dedicated an entire episode to taking the piss out of family guy for being too low-brow, while their own show's been steadily declining for 5 years.
...this is lame"
They took the piss out of Family Guy because the jokes are repetitive and almost completely interchangeable. Doesn't make it a terrible show - they never even said that. If Cartman's opinion was the measure for the overall message of the episodes then Matt and Trey are pretty screwed up guys. Besides the fact that Mr Hanky isn't a regular on the show, I think the guys at South Park know EXACTLY the kind of show they are making. The episode "More Crap" where they put themselves (and their Emmy wins) down is just one example. Whether you agree with their characterisation of Family Guy or not, I don't think it could be personally offensive.

EDIT: Sorry about all this bickering - it'll end up closing the thread. I'd better contribute something worthwhile. What did you all think of the double and triple episodes that have appeared in more recent seasons? I think they have been some of the better episodes of the seasons and made up for some of the throwaway ones.
Last edited by Adam_G at Jul 7, 2008,
my favorite is def. Cartman!

Cartman: you guys, I got some more sea-men!
Stan/Kyle: How did you get it?
Cartman: All I had to do was suck it out of some guys hose in an alley with my eyes closed - for free!
Stan: All you had to do was suck it out of a hose?
Cartman: Yup.
Stan & Kyle: Okay.

Sea-men + Sea people = Seaciety!
My favourite episode is probably Major Boobage, I like the ones that don't really have a strong message going on. I like a lot of the older ones like Pink Eye very much.
Quote by 11223344554433

Hasn't it ccured to anyone that the creators of South Park were only joking and what they said about Family Guy was satyrical?
Is there any explanation as to why there were half the episodes in the 12th season. I was hoping to see like 14 but only got 7.
Quote by JackalUK
Is there any explanation as to why there were half the episodes in the 12th season. I was hoping to see like 14 but only got 7.

There will be another 6 or 7 after the sommer break, it's been like that for about 15 years.
we usually get em in a lump in the uk cause we always see them 4 years after the bloody release...
Quote by Adam_G
They took the piss out of Family Guy because the jokes are repetitive and almost completely interchangeable. Doesn't make it a terrible show - they never even said that. If Cartman's opinion was the measure for the overall message of the episodes then Matt and Trey are pretty screwed up guys. Besides the fact that Mr Hanky isn't a regular on the show, I think the guys at South Park know EXACTLY the kind of show they are making. The episode "More Crap" where they put themselves (and their Emmy wins) down is just one example. Whether you agree with their characterisation of Family Guy or not, I don't think it could be personally offensive.
no one would be complaining if that episode had been any good.

they criticize other shows, then they pre-empt any backlash by poking fun of themselves.. but none of that is funny

poking fun at yourself for being too preachy doesn't make it any less true
Quote by sdnsausagerolls
Hasn't it ccured to anyone that the creators of South Park were only joking and what they said about Family Guy was satyrical?
matt and trey are always disparaging family guy in interviews, so i doubt it.
I love the way the show works. It's just the way the plot gets blown so far out of proportion that it becomes so funny, that the adults are somehow the childish ones and that the children themselves remain normal throughout. It's very well written. I really hate the old episodes, though. (Seasons 4 & down.)
South Park is the best cartoon I've ever watched
"Time doesn't exist here, we will never die."

-Celldweller
DAMN MONGORIANS!!!!!!!!! haha
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
"Got any change?"
"No I havn't got any change!"
"Got any chance"
"No I havn't got any change"
"Ah, god bless you sir"
"AGH! Now I feel bad, here"
"Got any change?"
"No, that was the last of my change"
"Got any change?"
"NO, I HAVN'T GOT ANY CHANGE!
"Got any change?"
"AAGGHHHHH! I HAVN'T GOT ANY CHANGE!!!"
Stan's dad: "Hey boys watch this..." ::raises hand slowly.... starts playing kansas::

I love SP. I think some of the episodes are crap though but not many.

I love the one about mormons, scientology, and manbearpig.

To me, Cartman makes the show.
Quote by JackalUK

+1
1. my fav would be cartman, then randy, then cartmans mom.
2. any new episode they get old after i watch them 3-4 times.
3. i lke all 3 but watch south park way more than both others put together
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?
Quote by sdnsausagerolls

I actually had a look on the net afterwards and read that the creators think the show is crap. That's why they made the episode, and no i wasn't offended by the episode i just thought it was a load of crap to say that Family Guy is crap when they have shit like Terrance and Phillip on there which im guessing is supposed to be funny.

But anyway enough of Family Guy Vs. South Park.

has no signature.
Randy! Randy! Randy! We Love You Randy! Make Love To Me Randy! Please!
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
Page 1 of 4