Is bigsby the same as all the other trems in that if you de-tune one string all the rest will go out of tune? I don't really know that much about the bigsby system, so any help or references to info on the finer details would be appreciated.
I'm looking to build a les paul this summer, and would like to put bigsby on it, so I'd also appreciate any info on how I would have to drill the holes to put it in.
Thanks in advance
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
I think its only floating trems that need string tension to balance all the other strings, so the Bigsby shouldnt. I could be wrong though
ok, cool, but I know my strat trem, which is pretty flattened to the body, the strings go out of tune if you drop one, but it makes sense I guess that on a bigsby dropping the E string or something wouldn't effect it all that much, thanks

anybody know anything about drillilng patterns, because I've seen a lot of different kinds of bigsby, and I'm not sure if there's really a difference between them or they just look differnt, but I think they have different drilling patterns

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Last edited by strat212 at Jul 7, 2008,
Bigsby's website tells which ones work with different guitar models. For an LP you probably want a B7 or B70
^ +1

Yeah, there are different sizes depending on the model guitar you have. Read up on them on that website like he said.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
thanks, although I can't tell any difference between the B7 and the B70, is there any?

I think that's the one for slightly arched topped guitars (like les pauls) but how would I know what degree to arch the body so that the bigsby sits well, or does it adjust?

It looks like I can pick one up from allparts for about 120 bucks, but is this a good price for bigsby, I havn't done any searching for them really

Thanks

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
can you put a bigsby on any other style guitar than an lp, or like a gretsch(sp?)?
i have a strat-shaped guitar and an lp-shaped guitar. youve probably never heard of either companies but theyre good.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
yes, go to bigsby's site, and under all of their models it will say "for archtop guitars" or "for flat topped solid bodies" or something of the like. You would want to get the ones appropriate for your respective guitars.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Quote by adamrandall
can you put a bigsby on any other style guitar than an lp, or like a gretsch(sp?)?
i have a strat-shaped guitar and an lp-shaped guitar. youve probably never heard of either companies but theyre good.

Yes. My mates dad put a bigsby on his telecastor. It's so rad for teh Br00talz metalz.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
The difference between the B7 and the B70 is that the B70 is "licensed" (read cheaper) and made by someone else allowed to use the Bigsby design. I have no experience with the quality of either.
OK, I see, there's a bit of a price difference so I will probably just go with the B 70 but thanks!

Quote by Gee-tar-eist