I personally work 10 hours a day, 4 days a week, from 4:30 pm, to 3:00 am.

I love it, i'm 19, and I don't go to bed until 4 in the morning anyways, and starting in the afternoon gives me ample time to recover from my illegal drinking binge the night before, I sleep for 4 hours before work (I make orthopedic inserts for shoes) and I really don't need to be well rested to perform at the top of my 'class'.

I'm toatlly irresponsible, but I go to work on time, every day, and never call in sick or late, or show up intoxicated, my work never suffers from my lack of thoughts such as "I have to work tomorrow, so I can't..."

I probably push my limits, but I have seen no consequences as such.

I am interested to here what felllow 'guitarists' do to make money, and how they worry about funcioning at work.
I usually only work 14 hours a week part-time, but now college is over I'm doing 32 hours this week. That means 4 nine hour shifts on alternate days.

I always have horrible feelings before I go to work, but when I'm there it's not too bad. I am a responsible worker, and I communicate well with customers and colleagues and I try to view work as more of a social aspect, as it doesn't get me too down then.
signature
I work about 40hours a week as a Technical Engineer on the Sewage side of a large water company in the UK.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
17 hours a week, 9 for a childcare company and the rest at Starbucks on the weekends.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
I'm 21 and work for a company that my Dad's a director of, so I travel to work with him.
We arrive at work at 7am and leave about 6pm every day Mon-Fri. So I work around 55 hours a week, sometimes longer to get the work done. In the last year I've been responsible for the finances of about £1.5 million ($3mil?) worth of projects, which is about 25% of the company's revenue per year.

I don't get paid alot yet as i'm not fully qualified (3 more years yet) but hopefully when i am, i'll earn a fair wage.
Meh....I don't do anything. At all. Used to work at a grocery store moving freight, then I worked on my family's ranch for a bit. Then I moved and haven't been able to find a job for 8 months now. I contribute nothing to society.
Meh....
I do sports and music journalism for a few sites but get paid literally £30 a month. I just thought it would look better on my cv than "cafe or hotel worker".
Diverse, this here forum is. (cowboy yoda?)

But what do you do on your free time? And do you consider getting off of work a celebreation no matter what day it is?

I'm really interested in who else kind of rides their boundaries a bit. I personally plan to work better than anyone else (My mom has the same jab, we go there toghether) and party harder, more often, live more than anyone else.

I know I'm a substance abusing workaholic (totally addictive personality) I'm wonderring how everyone else balances play with work. Do you just let it happen, or do you know your gonna "get down" when your off the clock.

And who's satisfied with their job and who's not?

Am a bit drunk now, and sleep deprived, and wondering what life in general is like. If I made that thread though, it would have been too broad...

*ends random emotional hobo rant*

EDIT: double post

Quote by ingot_anarchist
Meh....I don't do anything. At all. Used to work at a grocery store moving freight, then I worked on my family's ranch for a bit. Then I moved and haven't been able to find a job for 8 months now. I contribute nothing to society.

How do you survive/ pay for your drugs (most everyone imbelishes in at least one)

I couldn't live on just food, and entertainment I need SOMETHING, orr else the boredome sets in.
Last edited by killwitneydead at Jul 7, 2008,
But what do you do on your free time? And do you consider getting off of work a celebreation no matter what day it is?

Weekdays, I chill out at home, weekends vary, but are usually messy. And yes, finishing work is always good.

I'm really interested in who else kind of rides their boundaries a bit. I personally plan to work better than anyone else (My mom has the same jab, we go there toghether) and party harder, more often, live more than anyone else.

I'm not that kind of person. I need my sleep!

I know I'm a substance abusing workaholic (totally addictive personality) I'm wonderring how everyone else balances play with work. Do you just let it happen, or do you know your gonna "get down" when your off the clock.

I like chilling out after work. If I partied all the time, I couldn't do my job.

And who's satisfied with their job and who's not?

I am!
Any time I clocked out of my soul crushing job it was a reason to celebrate. Pretty much I'd get off work, go hang out with my girlfriend, drive out to the lake, hang out there for a bit, go home, do some gaming, go to sleep.
Meh....
Quote by killwitneydead
How do you survive/ pay for your drugs (most everyone imbelishes in at least one)

I've never gotten into drugs. Also, I work in law enforcement.

I work 40 hours a week. When I'm not working, I'm either reading, writing, making music, playing shows, spending time with people I enjoy, or sleeping.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
i work 3days a week
mondays & fridays: 15pm-19:30pm
saturday: 10am- 16/18pm
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

I work from 8 AM to 1 PM 6 days of the week (everyday, except for Friday). So that's 30 hrs a week. I'm 15 and I work as a trainee in a bank (customer's service)
Quote by BigFatSandwich
I've never gotten into drugs. Also, I work in law enforcement.

I work 40 hours a week. When I'm not working, I'm either reading, writing, making music, playing shows, spending time with people I enjoy, or sleeping.

Good for you. I mean that. I rather respect law enforcement who aren't 'holier than thou'. People bithc, but without police we would have at the least, a very diminished sense of "freedom".

I am perpetual creative deja vu. I feel as though I exist to create something meaningful, but worry that I am passing it by, what with my holding little value to those who love me. I know but apathy. It is somewhat frightening.
Quote by killwitneydead
Good for you. I mean that. I rather respect law enforcement who aren't 'holier than thou'. People bithc, but without police we would have at the least, a very diminished sense of "freedom".

thanks. more often than not, I've found that the only people who bitch about the police are the ones who are breaking the law. like people who want to smoke pot. or underage kids who get drunk and decide to hop behind the wheel of a car. or the ones that annoy me the most... the kids who think they have the right to skate on someone else's private property.

Some police officers suck, so probation officers suck, some correctional officers suck, some lawyers suck... but it's not all of us.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
I'm a roadie for a company that does mainly corporate gigs. They get hired by A/V companies to do the less technical stuff. I load/unpack trucks and basically do whatever it takes to set/pack-up a show/event.

I work on average around 4-5 hour shifts and it is casual work, so the hours are really random.
I've done from 9:30am - 3:30pm shifts and 1:30am - 6:30am shifts.

I'm usually pretty buggered after finishing, and there is some very expensive equipment to handle, so I have to be on top of my game. I have worked directly after playing a gig and had to avoid drinking (our mate drank most of the rider anyway).

As for illicit substances, I avoid them, because I can have a good time without them (except one time that I took acid, but I had nothing important to do the next day and it was really good).
My view is basically that I would only want to take drugs to get creative, and I haven't felt the lack of creativity necessary to warrant that.

I don't really care what other people do, as long as you don't complain to me or negatively affect me in any way.
Quote by fleaflicker182
I'm a roadie for a company that does mainly corporate gigs. They get hired by A/V companies to do the less technical stuff. I load/unpack trucks and basically do whatever it takes to set/pack-up a show/event.

I work on average around 4-5 hour shifts and it is casual work, so the hours are really random.
I've done from 9:30am - 3:30pm shifts and 1:30am - 6:30am shifts.

I'm usually pretty buggered after finishing, and there is some very expensive equipment to handle, so I have to be on top of my game. I have worked directly after playing a gig and had to avoid drinking (our mate drank most of the rider anyway).

As for illicit substances, I avoid them, because I can have a good time without them (except one time that I took acid, but I had nothing important to do the next day and it was really good).
My view is basically that I would only want to take drugs to get creative, and I haven't felt the lack of creativity necessary to warrant that.

I don't really care what other people do, as long as you don't complain to me or negatively affect me in any way.

And so is the apathetic policy of law enforecement, I feel, as long as you aren't harassing or exposing the public to illegal activeity, you may do whatever you want, providing you aren't a heinous individual.
Most of my work comprises of programming and software development, a smaller proportion is marketing, consulting and business development. Small firm, lots of variety and lots of responsibility. Share our studio with photographers so it's not uncommon to have semi (and on the odd occasion fully) naked models roaming around the place. Needless to say I love it.
Quote by killwitneydead

Lol, substance abuse is bad kids, most everyone INDULGES in it. Imbellish means to make better or fancier.

I have a loan from my dad until I can get a job (btw )
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
i work 40 hours a week in a warehouse, it sucks I miss summer, I can't wait to go back to school, but I have to work so I can afford to not work during the school year. I'm about to leave for work now actually.......