Hey, I'm not a very frequent poster here, and I don't know much about theory but, I know what harmonic scale is and what it does.

So what does it do? IT DRIVES ME INSANE!!!

Every single riff I've ever written, is in HARMONIC MINOR SCALE! And I just realised that yesterday. Damn! Here's an example: (It's my first song! Comments please..)

I want to learn more scales, but whenever I go searching 'scales' on google, I get thousands of marty friedman videos, without the scales. I tried Guitar Pro scale thingy, and I quickly realised that most of those scales were identical. Mohammedan/Harmonic Minor/Spanish (it kinda is, maybe the word is mode, I'm not sure), Chinese scale is the same as Pentatonic Major, Iwato and Japanese are the same but starting on different notes and stuff.. The best I could find was Byzantine.

I would be really grateful (???) if someone could post the scales on.. Maybe Hangar 18 solos, or other great scales that you know of.
{Gear}
ESP Ltd F-250
Roland Micro Cube

Yes, I'm easily amused.
Do you know the major scale well?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Uhh, yeah, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, right?
{Gear}
ESP Ltd F-250
Roland Micro Cube

Yes, I'm easily amused.
That doesn't sound too convincing.

Stay with the major scale for a while, look at the lessons here on UG and stay the hell away from those chinese bizantian minmajor #9b5bbbbbb7 type of scales. They're never used anyway.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
A powerchord fits pretty much everything, right?

EDIT: And I tried using the melodic scale a couple of times, never really liked it..
{Gear}
ESP Ltd F-250
Roland Micro Cube

Yes, I'm easily amused.
So why are you denying me the chance to prove myself to the world of sloppy hippies with acoustic guitars? Why, WHY WON'T YOU LET ME HAVE OTHER SCALES! DON'T YOU HAVE SOME FAVORITE SCALES OF YOUR OWN? WHY MUST I STRUGGLE AND BE HUMILIATED BY SHREDDERS LIKE YOU? WHY?!?!
{Gear}
ESP Ltd F-250
Roland Micro Cube

Yes, I'm easily amused.
Quote by Realturka
So why are you denying me the chance to prove myself to the world of sloppy hippies with acoustic guitars? Why, WHY WON'T YOU LET ME HAVE OTHER SCALES! DON'T YOU HAVE SOME FAVORITE SCALES OF YOUR OWN? WHY MUST I STRUGGLE AND BE HUMILIATED BY SHREDDERS LIKE YOU? WHY?!?!

I'm not a shredder. Ugh

Humiliated? Didn't take much did it.

tool
Sorry, forgot to take my meds..

*pokes smot and decides to ask the same question in megadeth forums*
{Gear}
ESP Ltd F-250
Roland Micro Cube

Yes, I'm easily amused.
Quote by Realturka

Okay, it's time for you to stop posting.

Learn the major scale and turn off the God damn caps lock.
Last edited by :-D at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by RichieJovie
He seemed like a level headed fellow.

I'm back btw.

He'll be back after getting kicked out of the Megadeth forum, undoubtedly.

Good to see your ban's up.
****. Ban them please
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje