Well, I finally saved up enough cash for a new guitar. I'm looking at the Gibson Flying V Faded which seems to have good reviews over here and overall. Now the thing is, I checked different stores I can get it from and most offer either the Worn Cherry or Faded White edition. My question is this one: The Faded White comes with 3 Humbuckers (all the time really) whereas the Worn Cherry one comes with just 2. Is it worth to get the more pricey Worn White one just for the extra humbucker? The Worn Cherry one always comes with 2 humbuckers for an odd reason, but the Worn Ebony one I found recently comes with 3 humbuckers (same price as Worn White).

Why is Worn Cherry made cheaper and with just 2 humbuckers? I googled the world and didn't find a thing, heck the Gibson site doesn't even list these Flying V's anymore. I would like to know whether it's a big or little advantage to have 3 humbuckers instead of 2, this in relation to the price varying 200 euros.

I'm only willing to buy one in my own country (Belgium), or from any neighbouring country and have it shipped to me. Further than this, such as Asia (evil! :P) or the USA (don't trust the shipping, it might break or something).

The stores I've looked at so far from cheapest to dearest:

Thomann (Germany): €698 for 3 humbuckers, €598 for 2 humbuckers
MusicStore (Germany): €719 for 3 humbuckers (only one available)
RockPalace (The Netherlands): €799 for 3 humbuckers ( :/ pricey)
Belgian stores are too pricey to even mention lol.

I await your replies!

Ps: This may sound noob but the hell with it: What's the difference and influence of a 5 way switch and a 1 toggle switch?

Thanks in advance!
Rock on..without hesitation
Ps: This may sound noob but the hell with it: What's the difference and influence of a 5 way switch and a 1 toggle switch?

A 5 way has five different positions:

Bridge pickup.
Bridge and middle pickups.
Middle pickup.
Middle and neck pickups.
Neck pickups.

I assume the "1 toggle switch" just toggles between the Bridge and Neck pickups - But I'm not sure on this.

(A three way toggle switch allows you to use the Bridge, Bridge and Neck or just the Neck pickup).
Thanks for explaining, much clearer now. Any idea on my other problem?
Get the 2 humbuckers.

You don't three pickups that are the same - and the pickups will have a strong magnetic force - decreasing sustain.

Get the one with two.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Thank you for the information, will keep it in mind I liked the Worn Cherry one more all the way anyway!
With 3 buckers the only advantage is that you can get 3 different tones at the flick of a switch. To be honest you don't really need all 3 because without replacing at least one of them the sound will be pretty close to each other anyway. If you play many different styles it would be useful (i.e. having a heavy sounding pickup, a more bluesy sounding pickup and then a more rock pickup in the middle of the 2). But I would just get the 2 pickup one. It's up to you.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Quote by Azza Dutt
With 3 buckers the only advantage is that you can get 3 different tones at the flick of a switch. To be honest you don't really need all 3 because without replacing at least one of them the sound will be pretty close to each other anyway. If you play many different styles it would be useful (i.e. having a heavy sounding pickup, a more bluesy sounding pickup and then a more rock pickup in the middle of the 2). But I would just get the 2 pickup one. It's up to you.

I mainly play hard stuff (death metal) but I play some clean epic-sounding stuff as well but I read the V hasn't got any trouble achieving this, whether it has 2 or 3 buckers. My decision is pretty much set now. The 2 humbuckered one is 100-200 euros cheaper and is considered to be better for my expectancies (+ I like the color finish >.> but I was trying to get more informed about the sound anyway).

Maybe I'll post some pics when I get it? (in about 3 weeks when I get my wages)

Everyone who replied, thank you! If there are still other opinions don't hesitate to reply, it might serve future buyers well? I don't know .