I love playing flamenco and classical but i also love playing bass. I need nails for nylon but its terrible on fingerstyle bass. What the hell can i do?!?
Hmm, a difficult one finally. You have a some options, either play bass with a pcik (although not your choice, as it is not fingerstyle) keep some long ehile cutting others, learn to play fingerstyle bass as you would a flamenco guitar, or chop the nails and learn to play flemenco as you would fingerstyle bass.

I have opted for the latter, lattter, latter, as it waseasier for me to transpose bass to guitar than using nails to play bass. As long as you find something even half way acceptable, you will adapt and overcome. You are human.
my recommendation would be to learn "nail plucking" on the bass. Although I can't do this myself, it's apparently meant to make a sound somewhere between picked and fingered bass, which sounds interesting. However, if you're desperate for fingerstyle, by all means take the advice of the poster above me.
I stopped playing classical guitar for bass because of this. I hate the sound of nails on a bass, and I just love bass more. Although I do miss classical guitar, I just have to deal with it...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
False nails for nylon strings?
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
I pretty much have the same problem. I'd rather play my acoustic guitar with my fingers. Here's some choices:

1. Fake nails.
2. Finger picks.
3. Quit guitar or bass.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
I play Flamenco, and I hated growing out my nails and keeping them groomed... So I stopped and developed my technique with the pads of my fingers...

It doesn't have that crisp clear sound... But in my opinion, it's made my guitar playing much more versatile as I can control tone easier because the strings are in direct contact with my skin/hand.

I've been playing like this for years and I can pull off...

rasgueado (had to look for spelling)
tremolando (3 fingers and 2)
and just general dexterity.

CUT 'EM OFF!
Rotosound TruBass 88.

That is all.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..