Hello my friend is soon going to buy a bass guitar he's played a bit before in studios etc. he has probably maximum 300 dollar range...so what amp and bass can he buy with it?
if he raises the budget to 400 dollar if he can buy better things also recommend for 400 dollars. he wants a 4 string bass...
Look in the FAQ man, it's all there, send him there because there are a few choices and they sound different.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
I looked in the FAQ but im also a complete noob for basses. my friend will play metal songs mostly so he'll need distortion? omg faq is too long
1. don't be lazy and read the FAQ

2. you don't need distortion to play metal as a bassist! You can use it, but it is definetely not necessary!

3. I'd suggest not buying a package. But a seperate amp and bass. You can probably by doing that get a band and bag for free. You could buy an ibanez for $200 and a amp for like 150. You would be much better off then, then with any [ackage I have seen.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Ok so something like a cort ab4 or a ibanez gsr 200 and a ibanez 20 watt bass amp would be fine for my friend i guess. and i read the faq and not every model of bass and amp is sold in my country.
That's not really a big amp when it comes to bass. My crate bt100 has a 1x15 and my stereo can go louder than it can....
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
I got it but he still wont be able to buy something that expensive...:/ I was thinking about either cort ab4 or ibanez gsr200 and a ibanez soundwave 20 watt bass amp