Yo, i think its about time i look at getting a semi acoustic guitar to expand the range of tones options i have when recording or playing live.

ive been looking at 2 ibanez guitars

http://www.dv247.com/invt/48684/

http://www.dv247.com/invt/48679/

These are both in the sort of price range im looking at, however i can pull sum more shifts and make a bit more money if i really need it (even though im saving up for a new cab)

How do these guitars sound? i hav to admit im liking the 1st one as its a normal guitar shape, but thats about as much as i know about it. sadly i cant think of anywhere near me which sells these models, so i cant go try them out.

Mate of mine has the epi tom delong semi acoustic and i dont like that guitar, but thats mainly cause the pickup sucks and feedbacks all the time.

what do u guys think? anything else in that price range i should be looking at?

thanks
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
I say you should save for what you really want (without compromising your head) but for your current price range, I say your second will have a bigger tone depending on your string choice.
Quote by killwitneydead
I say you should save for what you really want (without compromising your head) but for your current price range, I say your second will have a bigger tone depending on your string choice.

how much of a difference in sound are we talking about?
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
I would seriously advise checking out this .

I tried it briefly and loved it.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Quote by TonyS42
how much of a difference in sound are we talking about?

Big. Honestly. Your second choice (can't be arsed to remeber and type names/numbers) WILL be closer to acoustic. But if you attempt a fast, repeating lick, you will have a lapse in tones, comparable to heavy, heavy HEAVY reverb while a ceiling fan runs, especially if you are using an acoustic mic, rather than straight pickup.

Second= more acoustic, less electric\\

First= less acoustic tone, more versitility.

I personally suggest your first, as you could literllay use this for your whole set, rather than swithicng between you more acoustic electric and your fretblazer (which is is what you want to avoid; guitar switching, no?)

Blindly, number 1. But play both to see if your more acoustic guitar will work with what you want on an electric. If you can cope with number 2, than do so. It will sound deeper when you kill your distorion. Promise.
i havnt played the first one before but ive played the second one and really really liked it, i would have bought it but i was short on money

so i would suggest the second one...coz it also looks cool...
------------------------------------------------------------------

im a girl, dont call me 'he'

Quote by aznmetalhead93
I used to think Eddie Van Halen was a vampire.
Quote by TonyS42
Yo, i think its about time i look at getting a semi acoustic guitar to expand the range of tones options i have when recording or playing live.

ive been looking at 2 ibanez guitars

http://www.dv247.com/invt/48684/

http://www.dv247.com/invt/48679/

These are both in the sort of price range im looking at, however i can pull sum more shifts and make a bit more money if i really need it (even though im saving up for a new cab)

How do these guitars sound? i hav to admit im liking the 1st one as its a normal guitar shape, but thats about as much as i know about it. sadly i cant think of anywhere near me which sells these models, so i cant go try them out.

Mate of mine has the epi tom delong semi acoustic and i dont like that guitar, but thats mainly cause the pickup sucks and feedbacks all the time.

what do u guys think? anything else in that price range i should be looking at?

thanks

I have an Ibanez Artcore: AS73 I love it. The tone is rich. You're gonna get a great Rockabilly(Setzer-like) sound but you can pull off some nice classic rock riffs too. I'm bias to classic hollows though...
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
I don't think you mentioned the differing types of music that you play, but it seems to me that if you are looking for some range outside of what you can get out of your current solid body electric, you might choose the second one. I have an AF75TDG (also Ibanez) that should be somewhere in your price range, and I love it. For me, it is a perfect complement to my Strat. You might see if you can find it in your local music store and try it. If you can't, I'd sure recommend your second choice, since it has (I believe) the same pickups as mine. You could expect a guitar like this to fill in gaps like Jazz, Rockabilly, 50's rock, Beetles stuff, and knock down, drag out BB King blues. Is this what you're looking to do?
Joey45