I want to start playing the bass, and im looking for a good beginners bass that's as lightweight as possible, i don't want an acoustic or electracoustic, to give you an idea of what's heavy to me.. i tried a fender jazz bass out and they were too heavy for me, the weight is a big concern to me because i sold my les paul guitar because i got back problems. I'm thinking something yamaha, they seem to be pretty light, but i wanted to know if there were any basses you lot know of that are easy on the shoulders
- The anti-yamaha.
http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha_europe/uk/10_musical_instruments/30_guitars_basses_amps/70_bass_guitars/10_bass_guitars/20_rbx_basses/10_RBX_A2/index.html

A very light weight Yamaha, I played one once,and it really is very light, didn't have the greatest tone, but wasn't rubbish either,and certainly wont give you back trouble
hope this helps
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
ibanez btb s are light , well my friends is but i dunno what model it is
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
a lot of the smaller Ibanez models are light.
I played an EDB400 (ibanez) for a while and that was lighter than my les paul...
Theyre decent basses as well
squier VM p bass
lightest bass i have tried
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
i have a yamaha RBX170 - its very light. ibanez are light as well however i'd say that yamaha are much lighter.

KieronC07
Quote by Davad
i've got a tanglewood 4K, its pretty light =)

Beat Me to it.
But yeah it's a really good bass and *really* light. (I have it )
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
haha everyone is telling you to get yamaha and have clearly ignored the fact your sig says "anit-yamaha" lol
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Green Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Member - Geddy Lee Fan Club -

Hartke 4x10, 400W VX cab
Hartke HA3500 350W head

Squire Custom JAZZ Bass (Midnight Blue)
the Ibanez I own is really light, it bugs me just a tiny bit- I like some weight to my basses.

it is lighter than my friends strat, to give you an idea.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Get the bass that sounds best. Then buy a wider strap, this will spread the weight out more making it feel lighter.