Page 1 of 2
Hello Pit.

Ive just been flicking through sky when I came across Trisha, with Jedi Morda Hehol on.
Hes a good freind of mine and is the creator of a Jedi church in Wales.

Im not in the church, i just thought i'd let you know whats happening in the world these days, what do you think? Is jediism a real religion or just another word for a fan club?

I'll put a video of it up as soon as i find out how to put a html code in here because it doesnt show.

EDIT: Check it out for yourself; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMckC_urEWEfs=1

Nathy xx
Last edited by AtticusNathy at Jul 7, 2008,
those people are strange. They don't realise it's just a movie.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by AtticusNathy
Hello Pit.

Ive just been flicking through sky when I came across Trisha, with Jedi Morda Hehol on.
Hes a good freind of mine and is the creator of a Jedi church in Wales.

Im not in the church, i just thought i'd let you know whats happening in the world these days, what do you think? Is jediism a real religion or just another word for a fan club?

I'll put a video of it up as soon as i find out how to put a html code in here because it doesnt show.

Nathy xx

There's a jedi church in wales?

I am so there.
wow, it would be cool, but only if we had proper lightsabres.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Does anyone remember that news article about a guy who dressed up as Darth Vader and went to a Jedi Church, and roughed the people there up a little bit?

"Jediism" can't be taken seriously as a legitimate religion IMO. Any religion that's based off of sci-fi...whether it be from Star Wars, or the invention of a writer from the '60s concerning a certain Galactic Confederation...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
The entire idea of a Jedi "church" was coined from a man who didn't have an answer to a census question about religion.

Overall, it's harmless fun. As far as I've heard, they don't go door to door recruiting, they don't threaten to kill outsiders, nor do they engage against Anonymous.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by Gunpowder
Does anyone remember that news article about a guy who dressed up as Darth Vader and went to a Jedi Church, and roughed the people there up a little bit?

"Jediism" can't be taken seriously as a legitimate religion IMO. Any religion that's based off of sci-fi...whether it be from Star Wars, or the invention of a writer from the '60s concerning a certain Galactic Confederation...

That was this church and you can find that video on youtube.
Quote by graybass_20x6

Overall, it's harmless fun. As far as I've heard, they don't go door to door recruiting, they don't threaten to kill outsiders, nor do they engage against Anonymous.

You know about Anonymous?
My philosophy tutor is a part of this

Yeah, it's pretty much a fan club. In his own words, he said he was doing a demostration outside Tescos, 'making old people buy flowers and shit'.
Quote by AtticusNathy

I might have been born at night, but not last night.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by pbiggie
those people are strange. They don't realise it's just a movie.

It's not just a movie. It's a whole other universe.
Quote by Gunpowder

Actually, star wars isnt that far from buddhism or any religion out there, all religions believe in some life force vibrating within the souls of all beings and objects, its just that George lucas took those ideals and exagerated them, and made a very a good story. Anyway, you cant prove or disprove jediism just like you cant prove or disprove any religion out there...
Haha I like the sound of this. I think it's meganerdy but still just a bit of fun. Unless they have strict rules and ****, that would suck.
"Thou shall wash thine leader's large wife"
Quote by AtticusNathy

We all know about Anonymous.

A large portion of UGers are members of Anonymous.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by saphrax
Naw, you're thinking of Alcoholics Anon.

Whats the difference?

Both groups sit in their parents' basements drinking themselves stupid.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by saphrax
Naw, you're thinking of Alcoholics Anon.

that was good
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by saphrax
One attacks Scientology websites.
The other attacks their wives.

No no no no noooo.

Those Protestfags are NOT true Anonymous.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by saphrax
One attacks Scientology websites.
The other attacks their wives.

In all fairness, the former would attack their wives, but they're pasty teenagers who wouldn't be able to attract a female anyway, though it doesn't help that they spend 14+ hours a day in front of a computer screen.

With that, I declare this thread officially derailed. Let's try to make our way back to the thread's subject
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
In all fairness, the former would attack their wives, but they're pasty teenagers who wouldn't be able to attract a female anyway, though it doesn't help that they spend 14+ hours a day in front of a computer screen.

With that, I declare this thread officially derailed. Let's try to make our way back to the thread's subject

I had to look back at the title to even remember what it was. On that note, I have nothing to say.
Quote by saphrax
Nope, it's just a movie. A ****e one at that!

Get out.

Now.

Just leave.

Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by Anthony1991
Actually, star wars isnt that far from buddhism or any religion out there, all religions believe in some life force vibrating within the souls of all beings and objects, its just that George lucas took those ideals and exagerated them, and made a very a good story. Anyway, you cant prove or disprove jediism just like you cant prove or disprove any religion out there...

1. Yes, we can. That's a fucking sci-fi movie, where-as most other religions have centuries of history and culture.
2. Jedi use the force. As you should know, nobody else does.
3. There is more proof for most religions being true than there is a Jedi religion. Because, you see, Star Wars is a fictional movie franchise.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
1. Yes, we can. That's a fucking sci-fi movie, where-as most other religions have centuries of history and culture.

Star Wars has all this history and culture too

Nobody else makes the world in 7 days either. Or turn water to wine, or feeds 5000 with a loaf of bread and a fish, or walks on water...

3. There is more proof for most religions being true than there is a Jedi religion. Because, you see, Star Wars is a fictional movie franchise.

The Bible is a fictional franchise.

Not that I'm trying to disprove your argument there, just makes it seem more like a real religion the way you put it!
Quote by saphrax

Nobody else makes the world in 7 days either. Or turn water to wine, or feeds 5000 with a loaf of bread and a fish, or walks on water...

Not that I'm trying to disprove your argument there, just makes it seem more like a real religion the way you put it!

1. As far as I'm aware Star Wars does not have a centuries-old history and culture.

2. Good point. I agree.

3. Can you prove the Bible is a work of fiction?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

1. As far as I'm aware Star Wars does not have a centuries-old history and culture.

My Star Wars loving mate would contend otherwise (back stories and all that), tbh, I don't know

2. Good point. I agree.

Thankyou

3. Can you prove the Bible is a work of fiction?

No, not without reasonable doubt. I'd say it's loosely based on fact, but certain parts have been embellished, making picking fact and fiction harder.
Quote by dann_blood

The Force flows through everyone and everything. But only some are able to utilize it, focus the energy around them, and to varying levels.
Pastafarianism is the only true religion. They have pirates.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
This had to turn into a religious thread didn't it

*sigh*

Oh well might as well join in, Jediism has as much right to official religion status as any other one.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by saphrax
Nope, it's just a movie. A ****e one at that!

You go to Hell and you DIE!

WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE

Yeah, it does. I mean, George Lucas writing it in the 60's, compare that to every other religion and the thousands of years of history, who could tell the difference?

Yeah, but you see, none of the human race is alive from that time to confirm it. Where-as, George Lucas wrote Star Wars in the 60's as a movie franchise, with plenty of people able to confirm that it's a work of fiction. Lucas says it's a work of fiction.

And how does that help you establish Jedi as a religion? Christianity is one of the biggest religions in the world, and has been for the last one and a half thousand odd years. So, if something as large as this is fictional, then what chance is there that a sci-fi movie franchise is just as much a religion as christianity?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Religion: A religion is a set of beliefs and practices, often centered upon specific supernatural and moral claims about reality, the cosmos, and human nature, and often codified as prayer, ritual, or religious law

I think you'll find Jediism accordes to all those requirements, therefore it is a religion.
QED.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Page 1 of 2