im new , ive posted a few times looking for an amp that would suit me , i wanna play rock and metal , but i dont know what amp to buy , seriously lol ill spend around 400 maybe 450 if its really that much of an improvement , please help , ive been looking at the peavey valveking 112 but i dunno if it can handle heavier stuff and ive heard the tubes and speaker are garbage in it so.. i dunno
post some bands sounds u like or anything to help ppls find amps that would suite u?
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
If you are in Iraq you have better things to worry about than getting a metal amp. MRE's, ammo, night vision goggles, a M5, etc. Seriously, what bands?
Quote by gregs1020
If you are in Iraq you have better things to worry about than getting a metal amp. MRE's, ammo, night vision goggles, a M5, etc. Seriously, what bands?

Harsh.

Yeah, could you please list some bands?
Also, 400 what exactly? Dollars?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Try a 65-watt Crate (w/1-12"). I have an older GX-65 & I love it. I also have 2 Marshall 50w half stacks. (1976 Master volume/preamp, & 800 series) I never use them anymore. I get real similar tones from the Crate & I could fit that and a guitar in the front seat of my car. I hear the newer Crates sound even better. Go try one out. Everyone's tastes are different.
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Harsh.

Harsh? I wouldn't want to be in Iraq without a M5, but that's just me. Crate V series maybe?
well , hmmm ive just recently heard some of a7x's stuff for the first time (im in a cave i know) and i loooove it so i wanna play that kinda stuff for sure , i dunno i like so many bands that its hard to say really , ozzy , otep , pantera , does that help any?
cradle of filth , hatebreed hmmm i dunno

and for iraq if you only knew how little i do here lol , i spend like 3-5 hours a day learning guitar and spend the rest thinking about my guitar hahaha

***edit sorry i just saw the $ question , yes 400$ possibly around 450$
Last edited by imnewb at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by imnewb

and for iraq if you only knew how little i do here lol , i spend like 3-5 hours a day learning guitar and spend the rest thinking about my guitar hahaha

Ouch, tax dollars well spent no doubt. Where is Ron Paul when we need him? Get a Valveking. Once you are done you can blow it up. That would be a great youtube.
Quote by gregs1020
Ouch, tax dollars well spent no doubt. Where is Ron Paul when we need him? Get a Valveking. Once you are done you can blow it up. That would be a
great youtube.

well i have a job but its a computer job and takes little effort , so ha.

but does anyone know anything about the
Blackheart BH15-112 Handsome Devil Series 15W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
ive been looking at that and the
Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo Amp. im not worried about how loud either get i dont think anyone will complain where im at other than at how much i suck at playing haha , how much of a difference would the extra 15W make in the peavey?
The VK is a 50 watt tube amp, the BH is only 15. The volume difference isn't as much as the watts would lead you to believe. Both would be plenty loud and keep up with a drummer. You would need a decent OD with the BH to pull off the bands you listed. Seriously tho - thank you for your service. I actually have to work now, imagine that.
lol thanks for the help , i still havent gotten a definative answer on which one to go with , or something else possibly for that matter if anyone could help