the wires to the bridge pickup in my stratocaster must have become loose, probably due to factory error. Ive had this thing for about 2 years. anyways, i was wondering how to get it correct again. I think i need to solder it but I'm not sure where on the pickup to do it.

sorry about the pictures, i know they're blurry

thank you very much for the help
dude, you need to buy a new pickup, how the hell did you manage to do that?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
dude, you need to buy a new pickup, how the hell did you manage to do that?

well what happened was i noticed that the bridge pickup was becoming weak, so i took the cover off, guess i should have been more careful
there is no way to solder it back in place?
Last edited by necroscience13 at Jul 7, 2008,
you can fix that but if you can't find the start wire in the coil, you'll have to rewind the pickup... the wire and building a winder would cost as much as a new pickup and the trial and error of the first time could mean using up a LOT of wire .

get one of those duncan singles that are wrapped in heavy formvar... i love the way those sound
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
well, i don't see why you couldn't solder it back on... The only problem I could see is getting the wires the wrong way round, which'll make pos.2 on the switch not hum-cancelling, Not exactly the end of the world!
^ if it's wired backwards, swap the wires when you solder it all back together...

be really careful! if you manage to find the start end of the wire you may have to strip it with some 600 grit paper and that stuff breaks easier than hair.

pickups aren't hard to work on once you get the hang of it... first couple times can be a bi**h though.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by jimRH7
well, i don't see why you couldn't solder it back on... The only problem I could see is getting the wires the wrong way round, which'll make pos.2 on the switch not hum-cancelling, Not exactly the end of the world!

but where do i solder the wires onto?
Good news and bad news. The bad news is that your pickup is broken and can only be fixed by rewinding it (I can see the broken magnet wire). The good news is that the stock pickups on that guitar are about as horrible as you can get so even a cheap pickup from GFS will dramatically improve your tone.

Don't think of it as a broken pickup. Think of it as a chance to make your guitar sound better.
Not taking any online orders.