SO i have a lovely JCM900 but i use a Boss ME-50 with it, mainly for the wah but now iv bought a crybaby due to the wah on the ME-50 breaking. All i really use the ME-50 for is a bit of chorus sometimes, or maybe a bit of phaser and the built in tuner. But it tends to change the tone of the amp alot when i place it through the guitar input and it sounds too overdone. Would it be cool to put the tuner through the fx loop or would it still give it too much of the gain provided by the pedal?

James
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
www.suicideblonderocks.co.uk
My advice would be to buy yourself something like the TU-2, a great pedal tuner, because there is no use using the ME-50 for the odd thing when it has such a bad effect on you signal.
if you want the raw unchanged amp tome get effects with true bypass not multi effects. IMO multi effects only have a use for people starting out, not sure what effects they need.
Ibanez RGR08LTD
Spear Gladius [with BKP Nailbombs] (soon)

Peavey valve king 212
Orange 212 cab

Pedals of assorted typed
I would put your ME50 in FX loop, I do it (on occaision) with my Yamaha DG Stomp Multieffects and it works much better. My amp is a DSL50, so kinda similar. The tuner on my DS stomp works fine in FX loops. Now keep in mind I am not using any Pitch shifting pedals before the pre-amp. I say give it a go, can't hurt! Oh, and just adjust the master volume on your Multieffects pedal as needed.

ADDED:: Just read post above mine and agree with _xo_. Especially, if you are using minimal FX anyway. In the meatime, try out your ME50 in FX Loop, should sound better than in front.
Last edited by damnedone at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by Slash42x
Off topic, but I really like your band, I'd just love one of your shows.

Haha thanks

I will try it through my FX loop when I get home, Im in the US atm. I would have money to spend on separate effects but I've just purchased a PRS McCarty
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band