Hello Everyone.

I've finally got my rig more or less set up, but I'm lacking pedals.
Currently, I only have an Ibanez Tube Screamer to boost the gain of my B-52 and to make getting an AC/DC type of distortion easier.

So my question for y'all is this, what pedals should I start looking into?
I play mainly hard rock and metal.

Also, if you could recommend an exact pedal to look into, that be great.
Only have $140 at the moment to spend and I plan on using it to buy the first pedal today.

EDIT: Oh and my current setup is a Jackson RR5 or ESP EC1000 -->Ibanez Tube Screamer -->B-52 AT 212. Wasn't sure if that info would help at all.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
are you looking for any particular effects? That would the the first thing to consider

Its no use buying pedals simply for the sake of having a large pedalboard. Thats almost like the pope getting a penis extension. You should really only get whats necessary for you.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Fuzz>Delay>Compressor. A delay unit can often give some chorus and flange effects if needed. Fuzz is just cool! Compressor helps keep everything nice.
Quote by Blompcube
are you looking for any particular effects? That would the the first thing to consider

Its no use buying pedals simply for the sake of having a large pedalboard. Thats almost like the pope getting a penis extension. You should really only get whats necessary for you.

I'm more or less looking for ways to broaden my sound.
There are very few metal bands out there that use only one pedal.
I would like to find a Phaser, Chorus, Wah, Delay, and Fuzz.

For Fuzz and wah I have more or less decided on the Weeping Demon and Big Muff Pi.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
I would be looking at a compressor (agreed with damnedone) and maybe a noise gate too - esp if you're playing live.

After that it's like Blomp says - what is necessary ?

If you play clean passages,for example , you might want to look at a chorus pedal.
A Noise gate would be nice too. Just not looking forward to putting about $100 into a pedal just removes the hum I've had since I started playing. I do see the benefits of it, though.

And as for a compressor, what exactly does it do?
Putting it "barney style" a compressor evens out volume and can be used to increase sustain. Great for appegios for example.
Oh alright.
That makes sense.

Right now, after researching some of my favorite artists rigs, I'm looking at getting the following:

EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Stone Phaser or MXR Phase 90
Weeping Demon Wah

Chorus, Delay, and Compressor are still up for grabs.
I'd say you can't go wrong with Boss. For Delay I would say the Line 6 DL 4, however, you said you had a budget. If your looking for an intense chorus you probably can't get too much for too little. However, for only $15 you can pick up a danelectro chorus pedal. It's not the greatest chorus pedal I have ever listened to but I am pretty content with the pedal. I use it for just a little more kick I don't need to get too much out of it, so I am okay with it.

Before you set yourself on buying anything test it out at a music store, and make sure it's what you really want. Personally, I would say that if you want good effects you have to be willing to put forth the money, so you might just want to take time to get some money.
Didn't end up liking the Big Muff.
It was alright but not worth the money.
And the $140 is only a budget for one pedal.
Other money will go towards buying the other pedals later on.
Quote by Born A Fool
I'm more or less looking for ways to broaden my sound.
There are very few metal bands out there that use only one pedal.
I would like to find a Phaser, Chorus, Wah, Delay, and Fuzz.

For Fuzz and wah I have more or less decided on the Weeping Demon and Big Muff Pi.

There's no point getting pedals just because other people use them, that's crazy...it's not like you're missing out on something by not having them, loads of guiarists gig with next to no stompboxes.

A chorus pedal wouldn't go amiss for your clean tones, and an EQ is always useful and a wah is fun but other than that there's no real need to buy anything else....a phaser is severely limited in its usefulness and a fuzz is downright pointless.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
There's no point getting pedals just because other people use them, that's crazy...it's not like you're missing out on something by not having them, loads of guiarists gig with next to no stompboxes.

And I do understand that. I'm just trying to get close to the tone the band achieves.
I don't want co copy their sound, I'd just like to get close to it and then put my own spin on it and make it my own.
crybaby wah. to me, it is a must have. you don't have to use it like every one else uses it (rocking it maniacally back and forth), you can leave it in a stationary position like Frank Zappa or Zakk Wylde.
Quote by B Dizzle
I'd say you can't go wrong with Boss. For Delay I would say the Line 6 DL 4, however, you said you had a budget. If your looking for an intense chorus you probably can't get too much for too little. However, for only $15 you can pick up a danelectro chorus pedal. It's not the greatest chorus pedal I have ever listened to but I am pretty content with the pedal. I use it for just a little more kick I don't need to get too much out of it, so I am okay with it.

Before you set yourself on buying anything test it out at a music store, and make sure it's what you really want. Personally, I would say that if you want good effects you have to be willing to put forth the money, so you might just want to take time to get some money.

No, no DL4. Go DD20 and have a pedal that won't break down on you routinely

Also, for your two phsers, I'd chose the Small Stone
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge