im writing a song and idk what order to put it in and stuff. what are some simple song structures that arnt to repetitive?
Intro
Verse
Chorus
Verse
Chorus
Bridge
Chorus
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Or similar to the above

Intro
Verse
Chorus
Verse2
Chorus
Bridge
Verse3
Chorus
Outro

Of course u need to like spice it up....with a solo after/in the bridge perhaps....or a solo after the last chorus...or in the outro or even in the intro.
You should always still try to keep your mind open to trying different things - breaking convention.
It is afterall what the song sounds like as a whole, finished product that matters; if you want start your song off by going straight into a chorus without an official intro, do it.
of course i agree....listen to megadeth u cant really like make out a structure in their songs but they are amazing...its down to skill of writing basically...if u can come up with tons of riffs and just wanna play them all once and not recycle them its good....but not many can come up with 20 (good) riffs per song
True enough!

I used to end up second guessing myself a fair bit:
"This could do with another section. But, wait, maybe I should just keep it simple. But how simple is simple?"
In the end I just thought screw it, I'll just write it how it comes out of my head/fingers.

It's great to be aware of conventional song structures (they wouldn't have been used so much if they were bad would they!) but just don't treat them as gospel.
Last edited by ChrisN at Jul 7, 2008,
yeahh i just wanna keep it simple because this is the first song im doing full with instruments and vocals and all that and i dont wanna get to complicated or else ill just get frustrated and give up lol