Ok, so I currently play an Ibanez rg5ex1, which I have owned for a while. I play mostly metal and am looking to spend $800 or less on a 7 string. So far, I am stuck between the Schecter C-7 Hellraiser and the Ibanez XPT707FX.

I've played the Schecter at GC and really like it, but no one has the Ibanez in stock near me. Anyone have any experience with it? Or maybe a different 7 string suggestion?
definitely go w/ the schecter. you can't beat those pups.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
definitely go w/ the schecter. you can't beat those pups.

I like the emg's a lot, but aren't those new dimarzios on the Ibanez supposed to be crystal clear?
I've just got my Schecter Jeff Loomis today (which is basicly the same as an Hellraiser)!

its a sweet guitar, and those EMG's screams crystal clear notes out to the world! Go with the Schecter! It must be the best 7stringers out there! I've never tried anything like my Schecter ever before! They are simply amazing

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
IT depends do you want active pickups or passive?

But if you get the hellraiser and want to switch pups you dont have many options besides blackouts, or if you want to switch to passive you have to use a big pickup ring.
Quote by jake911
IT depends do you want active pickups or passive?

But if you get the hellraiser and want to switch pups you dont have many options besides blackouts, or if you want to switch to passive you have to use a big pickup ring.

+1. Not to mention the necks (obviously).

EDIT: have you considered the Blackjack?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
+1. Not to mention the necks (obviously).

EDIT: have you considered the Blackjack?

I don't have a preference in terms of active or passive, but I kind of ruled out the blackjack because I personally never had a great experience with seymour duncans. But perhaps I will go back to the store today to see if they have c-7 blackjack.