I've been looking around lately at different recording setups because I want to start recording some of my own stuff and really getting it out there.

I will be recording mostly just vocals and acoustic guitar, probably some electric guitar and other things later, but for now I'm just going to go with acoustic guitar and vocals. What do you guys suggest for me to try out? Are those bundle packages that you can get off of places like musiciansfriend any good? I'm pretty new with all of this recording gear and the names of everything so take it easy!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Matt
U would need a condenser microphone and a desk that contains phantom 48v power to contain the use of the mic

look for a cheap behringner with four mic inputs and u should be set its that easy now a days, oo
plus some software
yea the bundles are good and PreSonus has a few good ones there.

youll want a condenser mic set with large and small mic (like the mxl 990 and 991) and then an interface that will provide phantom power.
Quote by moody07747
yea the bundles are good and PreSonus has a few good ones there.

youll want a condenser mic set with large and small mic (like the mxl 990 and 991) and then an interface that will provide phantom power.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-TAS-TNTBUNDLE-LIST

Tascam's a reliable brand. Should there be a plan to se two microphones at once (singing or double miking the acoustic), the interface should handle it.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101