i'm trying to decide wether to get the cube 20w or the Vox valvetronix 15w i want the most versitile i can get i like both they both are not to confusing to me but i would like some suggestions
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day. A week later it was greenday.
If she does anythign like that again I'm going to snap her drumsticks, kick her bass drum in and frisbee her cymbals.
I think the Valvetronix is *slightly* more versatile than the Cube, but that's me. The Cube's better for higher- gain stuff, the Valvetronix is better for lower- gain... really all you can do is try them out.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I think the Valvetronix is *slightly* more versatile than the Cube, but that's me. The Cube's better for higher- gain stuff, the Valvetronix is better for lower- gain... really all you can do is try them out.

This. I found the Valvetronix to be useless for metal TBH, way too loose. Pretty good for anything else though.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
i say get the valv

its great because it comes with a lot of effects and tones so u can really customize ur amp to ur style

it also has to channels to save ur tones, a manual, and 11 presets

not to mention 11 effects also
[img]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/3096/asilaydyingsig5ey.png[/img]
The 15W Vox > the Cube 20x

Move up to the 30W models of both amps, then it becomes more of a discussion of how important metal is to you. If it's very important, go with the Cube.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
What sort of music are you into?
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Vox, to the people who say it can't do metal, it can.
but it is better for low-mid gainy stuff.
yead my DA15 vox hits metal so don't say it cant.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
well thank you i dont like metal so that stuff about metal doesn't matter
to me
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day. A week later it was greenday.
If she does anythign like that again I'm going to snap her drumsticks, kick her bass drum in and frisbee her cymbals.
AD30VT it is
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
thank you
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Dude if your avatar has to say anything about what you play get the Vox man. I own a Vox DA15 which like like the Vox VT15 with no preamp tube. The amp can really nail those punk tones, I use the AC30 or the Marshall Plexi model for playing lower gain punk, and I use the the Marshall JCM 800 model for playing stuff like Blink and Greenday. The clean channels are awesome too. I was in your same boots about a year ago and I tested out both the cube and the Vox and man the Vox just had more soul. Plus I really hated the Rectum fryer setting, too harsh for my ears, horribly inorganic.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
i actully play more nirvana and rage than blink
Quote by Punk_Ninja

I see, sorry if I made any assumptions. Nevertheless I would still go with the Vox Valvetronix series for your needs, you get more amp models and the amp models are pretty customizable. Hell thats just my opinion just go to a music shop with your guitar and try out both amps and get the one that sounds good to you.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R