For $500 I can buy a 400W Behringer cab and a 60W Behringer head. At the moment I only own a 10W Squier Sidekick (Piece of terd salad btw). Are Behringer's alright amps? I don't want to go over $400-500 dollars (US) for an amp. I mean the head has everything I need: Loads of effects, no digital components, MIDI, comes with a footswitch. Is this a good upgrade? I dont really want to a tube amp, I mean dont get me wrong tube amps are god but I just wouldnt want to maitenece them.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
For $500 I can buy a 400W Behringer cab and a 60W Behringer head. At the moment I only own a 10W Squier Sidekick (Piece of terd salad btw). Are Behringer's alright amps? I don't want to go over $400-500 dollars (US) for an amp. I mean the head has everything I need: Loads of effects, no digital components, MIDI, comes with a footswitch. Is this a good upgrade? I dont really want to a tube amp, I mean dont get me wrong tube amps are god but I just wouldnt want to maitenece them.

I highly doubt that.

If you want a shit amp it sounds like it'd be right up your street. If you want a good amp, someone else will help because I can't be bothered.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
It's obviously got digital components considering that MIDI is digital (it's got digital right in the acronym).
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
Quote by limefan913
It's obviously got digital components considering that MIDI is digital (it's got digital right in the acronym).

Hah, good point..
Quote by timi_hendrix
I highly doubt that.

If you want a shit amp it sounds like it'd be right up your street. If you want a good amp, someone else will help because I can't be bothered.

well i know my friend has a 100 watt beringer combo and it says it is "analog modeling" on the front but it has digital effects but it really can't do any tone decently, you should look at other amps around the $500 range, and don't be turned off by tube amps, you don't really have to do much (if any if you treat it right) maintanance
yeah there arent that good
there not total crap but there r better ones
look at some of the hybrid amps that line 6 makes they amy b out of ur budget but they r worth looking into
also look at the line 6 flextone
Quote by Dance_of_Death
well i know my friend has a 100 watt beringer combo and it says it is "analog modeling" on the front but it has digital effects but it really can't do any tone decently, you should look at other amps around the $500 range, and don't be turned off by tube amps, you don't really have to do much (if any if you treat it right) maintanance

Can you give me some ideas? I've been browsing amps and almost all of the ones I've seen have only like 3 effects (Chorus, Flanger, and delay) and reverb.
ive got a behringer gmx212 with a fender cab 412
and.. idk its pretty good, i use a me-50 for distortaion though sometimes so meatl tones
its good-ish for rock, the cleans arent the best, but its deffinatley worth looking into
Quote by timi_hendrix
I highly doubt that.

Now don't be TOO rude...

But there are many topics here, with most beginning with a question like, "Is this teh g00d ampz?" and they post a link to a Marshall MG. For an amp around that price range, you can get a decent tube amp. Behringer, for lack of a better term, is absolute ****. Krank, B-52, and Peavey all make good quality tube amps for the price you are looking for.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
Can you give me some ideas? I've been browsing amps and almost all of the ones I've seen have only like 3 effects (Chorus, Flanger, and delay) and reverb.

well what do you want in an amp? (what do you want your amp to do?)
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Jul 7, 2008,
at least get a marshall. dont get a behringer. behringer is cheap.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by Dance_of_Death
well what do you want in an amp? (what do you want your amp to do?)

Something thats gig worthy.
A good amount of effects.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
Something thats gig worthy.
A good amount of effects.

what sized gigs? will you mic it? will you also use it for home practice? what styles will you play?
(trying to narrow down the amps for you)
Quote by Dance_of_Death
what sized gigs? will you mic it? will you also use it for home practice? what styles will you play?
(trying to narrow down the amps for you)

Hundred or so people, inside and outside playing.
Any decent place will have a mic/PA system for me.
Im thinking of 120W
I will use it for home practice as well.
Modern Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
Hundred or so people, inside and outside playing.
Any decent place will have a mic/PA system for me.
Im thinking of 120W
I will use it for home practice as well.
Modern Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative

Well here are some amps i recommend (check them out first, i'm not the end all knower of amps):

Line 6 Spider Valve 112 ($700): tube but only 4 so it's more of a hybrid than all tube, 40 tube watts so pretty damn loud, it's a little expensive but i found that this is an excelt modeler for mid to high gain stuff, really good sounding effects, not so great for lower gain stuff, and 200 times better than the cheaper spider

Line 6 Flextone III plus ($600): solid state, 75 watts (plenty for you) I have no expenerince with this but i have heard it's a good modeler for the money, plenty of FX

Randall RG50TC ($560): all tube, 50 watts (tube watts so it's gonna be ****ing loud), no fx's (an fx pedal would work fine but ask someone else, i know nothing about them), this amp is suited for mid to high gain stuff, i highly recommend checking this out, it can go vintage sounding but it's more modern voiced

Peavey ValveKing 112 ($400): 50 watts, all tube (LOUD) i don't have much experince but i have heard it's a good tube amp on a buget but can't do metal with an OD pedal and it really needs a speaker and tube upgrade, it's pretty modern sounding for the short time i tested it, no fx's but a fx's pedal would be fine

hope that helps, but i can't stress how important it is to try out all the amps and see which one works best for you
Edit: lol forgot prices
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Jul 7, 2008,
peavey valveking looks like good bet... how much are they laney VC combo's in the US?