Hello, im building a Tele, and i want to have a standard tele wiring but with a phase switch...I found this schematic on Seymour Duncan, and i have two questions...
1. The capacitor on the tone pot is a .02, doesnt a tele usually use a .047???Does this value change when a phase switch is used?

2. What is the resistor looking part on the left of the 3-way switch? And what is it connected to?

The Schematic: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=tele_phase
1. you can choose whichever on you want but i suggest you go with what they show you, it might be better for their pickups. and the value doesn't change.

2. i think thats just the spring on the selector. probably to let you know which side to solder to. don't know why they would put that there to be honest.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
ok thanks...i think im just going to stick with the .047 cap...and what if the switch that i have doesnt look like the one in the diagram...
The one in the diagram is like this:

O O O O
O O O O
And mine is like this (all the contacts are in a line)

O O O O O O O O

How should i wire the switch?
You should take the opportunity to change the switch for a nice quality one - get a nice Oak switch, they seem to last forever!
i would guess you would wire it the same way its wired in the diagram but instead the left side (of the diagram) is the first four contacts and the right side is the last four. does that make any sense? i've never seen a 3 way switch like that so this is just a guess, i can't give you a sure answer, sorry.
but just get a new tele style switch. it would make things alot easier.
Send me off to bed forevermore.